KB Cobra vs. GTR

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Or you can stick to the race that happend and that a $40k car just whooped a $75k plus car.

We can all pull the "friend" car when internet racing. You act like someone spending 140k on a car and it run's 9's is something to brag home about.

So those UGR guys that are spending $100k+ plus ontop of their new $250k lambos don't have bragging rights because they spent all that money on their cars?

Lol.

The guy has a sick 9 second GTR. He can obviously afford it so good for him. He's in a GTR at the end of the day too.

kaz109

Established Member
Warning..ricer post about to happen............

I have always like KB cobra's more than Whipple for the simple fact that KB cobra's SCREAM!!!!!! One of my favorite vids all time is of a black 2.2 KB cobra just doing random pulls and burnouts. Just plain nasty

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
were ya'll going on two honks? Good kill, your car sounds good and is fast as shit!

SiCKS1D3R

.:HOLLYW666D:.
Established Member
Or you can stick to the race that happend and that a $40k car just whooped a $75k plus car.

We can all pull the "friend" car when internet racing. You act like someone spending 140k on a car and it run's 9's is something to brag home about.

Lmao, you totally misinterpreted what I was implying. Sorry for the lack of your comprehension skills, maybe next time tough forums guy.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
You also act like a pretty well modded car beating a stock car from a high hwy roll is something to brag about :poke:
Pot meet kettle
Pot meet kettle? Two separate issues. This thread was started with a modded car vs stock car. Not a modded car vs modded car. Your comment makes no sense. Mine is based on costs for speed.
So those UGR guys that are spending $100k+ plus ontop of their new $250k lambos don't have bragging rights because they spent all that money on their cars?
Lol.
The guy has a sick 9 second GTR. He can obviously afford it so good for him. He's in a GTR at the end of the day too.
No.. my point is that money can buy speed… I have more respect for the guys doing it for less.
No lack of respect on any car that goes stupid fast. But most cars can go stupid fast when you spend a ton of money on them.
Lmao, you totally misinterpreted what I was implying. Sorry for the lack of your comprehension skills, maybe next time tough forums guy.
How? What is the point to post about a friend’s 9 sec gtr in this thread? Or that GTR’s are the only car that can run 9’s and be reliable? Because there are no other cars that run 9’s and are reliable, right? Or how this is even relevant to this thread.

My point is that every time a GTR loses, there is always some nut swinger posting something else about GTR’s that have nothing to do with the original post.

Guess what..I’m also cross shopping the following rides…

2013 GT500, 09-10 Z06 Corvette (maybe older for the cheaper price same performance value), and used GTR’s. I’m leaning more and more towards the GTR. I’m far from a GTR hater, just my budget keeps me from buying a new one. Lol I’m about 60-65k range.

OP. Great race, sorry your thread got hi-jacked.

61mmstang94

Established Member
No.. my point is that money can buy speed… I have more respect for the guys doing it for less.
No lack of respect on any car that goes stupid fast. But most cars can go stupid fast when you spend a ton of money on them.

How? What is the point to post about a friend’s 9 sec gtr in this thread? Or that GTR’s are the only car that can run 9’s and be reliable? Because there are no other cars that run 9’s and are reliable, right? Or how this is even relevant to this thread.

What does cost of car have to do with it?

Sure the R35 cost more than a ten year old mustang. Doesn't that make sense? Derp derp.

I can build a rusted out 1989 camaro to go even faster than the cobra for cheaper. But guess what? The rusted out 89 camaro still isn't as nice as the cobra and there's still no way I'd take it over the cobra just based on the fact that it beat the cobra due to being modded more. Just like that cobra will always be the lesser car than that R35. We already know we can mod any car to beat something. We can argue price all day and act like that matters but there will always be someone who can go faster for cheaper if its all they cared about.

Since my car is faster than any production car made (Lamborghini, veyron, mclaren, Ferrari, etc.) does this make my car better? Cuz I know if someone came to me and wanted to trade their Aventador for my 95 gt there wouldn't be a second thought even though it goes faster for cheaper. The cars are what they are regardless of what the manufacturer suggests for retail value. They're each priced according to their value and in this case the cobra is obviously much less valuable.

And the reliability part may be bad wording. Maybe he meant consistent because due to the trans/awd system it'll pretty much pull the same acceleration in all conditions on true street tires whereas rwd is going to need perfect conditions and drag tires to even come close. If I took a gtr that runs 9.0@150 and a gt500 that runs 9.0@150 (both times from a track and gt500 on slicks) and we line these cars up where they're driven most (the street on street tires) were gonna probably see the gt500 take a good ass whooping.

Last edited:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
were ya'll going on two honks? Good kill, your car sounds good and is fast as shit!

In the first 40mph pull, I "anticipated" the third honk a bit. It was there, but the noise from my car drounds out the honk. He was also about a half car too far back on the hit.

I've got a bad habit of leaving on the third yellow light when it comes to honks also lol.

We both agreed the 60mph pull was pretty clean..

Driver mod + solid car = dead GTR. Good job OP! :beer:

Thanks! My no lift 2nd to 3rds usually work out pretty well, but my 3rd to 4ths are a bit laggy. My ability to get out of the hole from a dig on the street needs a lot of work.

It's not really hype... they are awesome cars from a base platform.

Agreed-- 0-60 times are unlike anything i've rode in. With some simple bolt on mods it'll be ridiculous.

A 130mph GTR should run with a much faster car from a dig on the street. :beer:

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
:shrug:

What does cost of car have to do with it?
When doesn’t it count? Every car has a price. I was making a jab at the GTR price tag compared to the performance of another car costs/performance. Your looking into this waaay too much. :coolman:
Sure the R35 cost more than a ten year old mustang. Doesn't that make sense? Derp derp.
Yes it does. Just like your comments below. Which is why I said, who cares about a 9 sec GTR in this conversation? :shrug:

I can build a rusted out 1989 camaro to go even faster than the cobra for cheaper. But guess what? The rusted out 89 camaro still isn't as nice as the cobra and there's still no way I'd take it over the cobra just based on the fact that it beat the cobra due to being modded more. Just like that cobra will always be the lesser car than that R35. We already know we can mod any car to beat something. We can argue price all day and act like that matters but there will always be someone who can go faster for cheaper if its all they cared about.
Okay, this is what I was stating. So why bring up a 9 sec GTR into this thread at all??? :??:

Since my car is faster than any production car made (Lamborghini, veyron, mclaren, Ferrari, etc.) does this make my car better? Cuz I know if someone came to me and wanted to trade their Aventador for my 95 gt there wouldn't be a second thought even though it goes faster for cheaper. The cars are what they are regardless of what the manufacturer suggests for retail value. They're each priced according to their value and in this case the cobra is obviously much less valuable.
All opinions. Just as you can name exotic cars, you can put in common cars on this as well. Is your GT worth more than a 9 sec Honda civic? My point is not to hate on the car, just that when it can get done cheaper, I have more respect. Especially if you do not sacrifice any factory creature comforts. :burnout:

And the reliability part may be bad wording. Maybe he meant consistent because due to the trans/awd system it'll pretty much pull the same acceleration in all conditions on true street tires whereas rwd is going to need perfect conditions and drag tires to even come close. If I took a gtr that runs 9.0@150 and a gt500 that runs 9.0@150 (both times from a track and gt500 on slicks) and we line these cars up where they're driven most (the street on street tires) were gonna probably see the gt500 take a good ass whooping.
No I think I got this one spot on. You’re stretching. Again, bringing a 9 sec GTR into this thread was my main point, why bring up a 9 sec GTR at all???
Now we have polluted this thread further. I’m ashamed. :nonono:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Awesome work OP. Good shifting. God your car sounds great. Man I love the sound of a 2.2 KB...it never gets old!!

I'm sure you know this but that GTR won't be that slow with mods. Midpipe and tune he's going to be right with you and on e85 it will be a 135 mph trap car.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
My point is that every time a GTR loses, there is always some nut swinger posting something else about GTR’s that have nothing to do with the original post.

Guess what..I’m also cross shopping the following rides…

2013 GT500, 09-10 Z06 Corvette (maybe older for the cheaper price same performance value), and used GTR’s. I’m leaning more and more towards the GTR. I’m far from a GTR hater, just my budget keeps me from buying a new one. Lol I’m about 60-65k range.

OP. Great race, sorry your thread got hi-jacked.

I own one and obviously love them but I totally agree with that. GTR got beat. It happens. Stay on topic and quit benchracing!

Get the GTR. You will love the traction down low. PM me if you have any questions.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Awesome work OP. Good shifting. God your car sounds great. Man I love the sound of a 2.2 KB...it never gets old!!

I'm sure you know this but that GTR won't be that slow with mods. Midpipe and tune he's going to be right with you and on e85 it will be a 135 mph trap car.

The GTR owner is hoping for mid 10s next spring with some simple mods. He believe that it will make 550whp with an intake tune injectors and a midpipe. He says with catback and downpipes it should be close to 600, so it should be fun!

Good races!

Really? The GT-R did better than I expected it to, for a stock 2010.

:beer:

nice win and sick cobra

Thanks!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Warning..ricer post about to happen............

I have always like KB cobra's more than Whipple for the simple fact that KB cobra's SCREAM!!!!!! One of my favorite vids all time is of a black 2.2 KB cobra just doing random pulls and burnouts. Just plain nasty

:beer: I love the sound of the 'dentist drill' whine those KBs put out! Scares the shit out of unsuspecting motorist when you hit the go pedal in anger :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread