KB Cobra vs. GTR

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
One of my good friends just bought a 2010 GTR. The car is beautiful and drives, rides, and runs amazing.

Today we got out and made a few pulls for reference before he starts turning screws. His goal is Mid 10s through bolt ons and tuning..

Key Details:
GTR - Stock

Cobra
2.2 KB
3.73 built SRA
Tune during pull: 17psi, 575rwhp, 93

The GTR omes out ridiculously with launch control - too bad my rider missed some of the second Dig pull.

Cobra ran best during first pulls, during final dig the iat2 temps were near 150. All in good fun, much more to come with both of us making some changes soon.

Kenne Bell Cobra vs. GTR - YouTube

Thanks for the watch

Last edited:

chad95

Established Member
Good to see the unicorn out neil expected more from the gtr from all the hype you hear about them

infidel0910

Established Member
Don't really like GTR's but you get what you pay for and they are amazing machines. Once the mods start it should really wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SiCKS1D3R

.:HOLLYW666D:.
Established Member
My amigo has a " Switzer " GT-R that has about 850whp on E85 however, he bought the car for $75k, then spent an additional $65k+ ( at once ) for the whole built block, turbo, fuel and ems unit. It runs 9's and does over 225mph in a standing mile. Anyways what I'm getting at is; after MAJOR money is spent, those cars are FAST and RELIABLE which are two things that rarely mix and still cheaper than a relevant Lambo or Ferrari. Granted you can build an Evo or Cobra for a lot less but the reliability isn't as certain. Regardless, nice kill man. Post vids after he gets a few mods.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
very nice runs for sure OP. Your cobra sounds SO mean!!

What tires do you have outback?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
very nice runs for sure OP. Your cobra sounds SO mean!!

What tires do you have outback?

Thanks! 315/35/17 NT555Rs on a 17x11 billet specialties street lite

Intake and tune itll be 130mph car. Those things are impressive to say the least.

Thats kind of what we thought as well. The curve ball to that though is that a 130mph GTR can likely outrun the average 140mph rwd car from a dig..

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
My amigo has a " Switzer " GT-R that has about 850whp on E85 however, he bought the car for $75k, then spent an additional $65k+ ( at once ) for the whole built block, turbo, fuel and ems unit. It runs 9's and does over 225mph in a standing mile. Anyways what I'm getting at is; after MAJOR money is spent, those cars are FAST and RELIABLE which are two things that rarely mix and still cheaper than a relevant Lambo or Ferrari. Granted you can build an Evo or Cobra for a lot less but the reliability isn't as certain. Regardless, nice kill man. Post vids after he gets a few mods.

Or you can stick to the race that happend and that a $40k car just whooped a $75k plus car.

We can all pull the "friend" car when internet racing. You act like someone spending 140k on a car and it run's 9's is something to brag home about.

kaz109

Established Member
Or you can stick to the race that happend and that a $40k car just whooped a $75k plus car.

We can all pull the "friend" car when internet racing. You act like someone spending 140k on a car and it run's 9's is something to brag home about.

You also act like a pretty well modded car beating a stock car from a high hwy roll is something to brag about :poke:

Pot meet kettle

Users who are viewing this thread