KB BAP install pre or post FPDM?

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I am getting ready to install some new parts on my 2003 Cobra in hope to have it tuned to E85 by Bob Kurgan. One of my mods is getting the KB BAP and wire harness upgrade installed, I am curious to which is better? Installing the BAP before the FPDM or after the FPDM, I wasn't sure the advantages or disadvantages of each, if it even mattered?

I have finally received the BAP and the wire harness upgrade from LFP and the installation instructions look pretty easy, even though im still not 100% confident in attempting it. The new BAP's don't seem to come with the adjustable control knob as shown in some of the installs, one less thing to worry about.

thanks for any information/advice guys.

saleenssc1989

Established Member
if I would have waited a few minutes and done some more research, I would have found a thread within that answered my questions. It seems as if im running under 600rwhp install the BAP before the FPDM using the green/yellow wires. If I am over 600 rwhp, install the BAP after the FPDM using the brown/pink wires.
I hope to install this BAP and the wire harness upgrade later this week, as I am getting a better feel for the installation process and where to route all wiring.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I never heard wiring it differently depending on hp. Wire it "pre" fpdm, turn the dial to max and be done with it.

saleenssc1989

Established Member
ok thanks for all the advice guys. ill definitely be installing pre FPDM by the green/yellow. I was contemplating on soldering the wires with heat shrink or using insulated electrical connection style fittings a guy from you tube was using in his How to Video.

Users who are viewing this thread