Kb 3.6 questions

fastlif

Established Member
Evo sells a kit to lower the motor and says it will fit under the stock hood. What are the disadvantages to this? I would love to keep the stock hood but have heard of alignment issue etc. Is this true? Who has actually done this?

Also what $$$$ can I get for my 2.8? Anyone wanna commit to a decent price to help push me into the 3.6???

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Evo sells a kit to lower the motor and says it will fit under the stock hood. What are the disadvantages to this? I would love to keep the stock hood but have heard of alignment issue etc. Is this true? Who has actually done this?

Also what $$$$ can I get for my 2.8? Anyone wanna commit to a decent price to help push me into the 3.6???

Is your 2.8 a Stage 3? If so, are you going to use some of the S3 parts and do the upgrade to the 3.6LC? or are you selling your complete 2.8H and buying a complete 3.6LC?

There are two different ways to 3.6 if you are at the Stage 3 level with your 2.8.

R

fastlif

Established Member
It is a stage 3 black Evo kit with polished inlet and throttlebody. Has about 3-4000 miles. Depending on what kind of offers will affect how I sell the kit. I already have a competition boost a pump in so the standard BAP is available. The upgrade kit cost around $4500 without throttlebody etc.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
fastlif, I went through the same dilema as you. I just took the 2.8 off and its going back to KB tomorrow for the lc upgrade. The 3.6 is overkill for a stock motor. You will get better results with the 2.8 with stock block. I refuse to lower my motor.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Lowered my motor for the 3.4 Whipple in 2008, no issues at all! I have a 3.6 LC on my car under the stock hood. I wanted to keep stock exterior apperances....

BMR K-member
Lethal Spacer kit
Extra 1/4 spacer
cut stock hood reinforcement section out directly over the SC.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Have no reservations about doing this mod for SC fitment. I can say with full confidence that this will not effect any driving or performance! Not comprimising anything at all. 20+ 10.0 passes and one squeek'd in 9.99!

fastlif

Established Member
Gotsvt, my motor is fully built By L&M. Hate to see all that hp just a few hours away but my wallet says wait. If I could get a good price on my 2.8 left overs it would help. Has anyone priced the inlet etc separate? What would you guys need with my leftovers from the upgrade kit?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
If your built, then get that 3.6 on there!!!!
Low $4s seem to be a decent price for the blower only.

fastlif

Established Member
Lowered my motor for the 3.4 Whipple in 2008, no issues at all! I have a 3.6 LC on my car under the stock hood. I wanted to keep stock exterior apperances....

BMR K-member
Lethal Spacer kit
Extra 1/4 spacer

Do you have any pics of your hood? No firewall mods or anything?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

BMR K-member
Lethal Spacer kit
Extra 1/4 spacer

When you say "Lethal spacer kit", are you talking about the adj. mounts?

Thanks, R

Users who are viewing this thread