KB 03 Cobra vs 14 Shelby

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice kill.
Once the dude with the KB gets more seat time, it will be a good race for sure.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Is he steering & shifting with the same arm while the other is resting on the door?!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Good kill!

He definitely needs more practice....and once he does that, he needs to up the boost and get on ethanol. Those bigger blowers are lazy as hell low boost on pump gas. He'd be better off with a 2.3 tvs if wants to stay 93.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Good kill!

He definitely needs more practice....and once he does that, he needs to up the boost and get on ethanol. Those bigger blowers are lazy as hell low boost on pump gas. He'd be better off with a 2.3 tvs if wants to stay 93.

He will be doing smaller pulley and e85...

Never_Enough

Established Member
Lol... nah man. He steers with his left arm (elbow proped up on the door) and shifts with the right....
May as well be doing what I said then. Does he realize how easy it is to lose control doing that when racing at high speeds? Hold the wheel right or don't race it at all IMO

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
May as well be doing what I said then. Does he realize how easy it is to lose control doing that when racing at high speeds? Hold the wheel right or don't race it at all IMO

Ive seen some people get away with some crazy shit while holding the wheel and racing. Personally, I like to race with my left hand at the 9:30 position and right hand either shifting or back on the wheel at 3:30.

But to each their own!

1badton

Established Member
That guy needs to worry more about how to drive not just his elbow. But unless your driving at buttonwillow or Laguna 1 hand is good enough when your other is bangin gears.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
That guy needs to worry more about how to drive not just his elbow. But unless your driving at buttonwillow or Laguna 1 hand is good enough when your other is bangin gears.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yea, but not with the elbow on the door. You can't control the car if shit goes south. You won't be able to move your arm in time. Not rocket science

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol wow. I'd love to see how I fair against a 13/14 Shelby or a hellcat. A friend just bought a 08 z06 makes 613rwhp. I think he'll hand me my ass on a silver platter.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol wow. I'd love to see how I fair against a 13/14 Shelby or a hellcat. A friend just bought a 08 z06 makes 613rwhp. I think he'll hand me my ass on a silver platter.

Im guessing you are at the 700rwhp mark...

If so, you should have no problem killing a stock Trinity, Hellcat, C6 / C7 ZO6.

A 600+ C6 ZO6 now, that might prove to be a tall order. You still might be able to squeek on by though.

Get us some video!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Im guessing you are at the 700rwhp mark...

If so, you should have no problem killing a stock Trinity, Hellcat, C6 / C7 ZO6.

A 600+ C6 ZO6 now, that might prove to be a tall order. You still might be able to squeek on by though.

Get us some video!
Yes should be somewhere in that ballpark for hp I would think. Definitely will get video.
Now that... id love to see! Those damn c6z's are monsters from a roll. Love your car Bdubbs!
Yeah that's what I've heard. It sounds nasty. And thanks!

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
Ima say the terminator should have had no trouble with the 500...they both make the same (or close to it) RWHP and the 500 is much heavier. Your friend has a sweet ride, just needs some seat time

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ima say the terminator should have had no trouble with the 500...they both make the same (or close to it) RWHP and the 500 is much heavier. Your friend has a sweet ride, just needs some seat time

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yes and no. "No trouble" is stretching it. I make more power than he does but his car is a bit lighter than mine to male up for the power deficit. Then you have gearing and driver ability.

The gearing on a stock Trinity is much better suited for high speed rolls than the gearing on a Terminator (unless the terminator driver is an absolute animal). Stock Trinity gearing is very much like a C6 Z06's.

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
Yes and no. "No trouble" is stretching it. I make more power than he does but his car is a bit lighter than mine to male up for the power deficit. Then you have gearing and driver ability.

The gearing on a stock Trinity is much better suited for high speed rolls than the gearing on a Terminator (unless the terminator driver is an absolute animal). Stock Trinity gearing is very much like a C6 Z06's.

Hmm. Well, when you compare the 6 speeds and rear end ratios you're actually at a disadvantage. The 500 was given 3.31s to hit 200 MPH..until 5th you're not any better off

Study below:

GT500 1st: 2.66 2nd:1.82 3rd:1.30 4th: 1.0 5th: .77 6th .50

Terminator 1st: 2.66 2nd: 1.78 3rd: 1:30 4th 1.0 5th: .80 6th .63

You wont see any advantage in gearing until 5th/6th gear. Up until then the transmissions are almost gears identical.. With the cobra having an advantage of 3.55s

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm. Well, when you compare the 6 speeds and rear end ratios you're actually at a disadvantage. The 500 was given 3.31s to hit 200 MPH..until 5th you're not any better off

Study below:

GT500 1st: 2.66 2nd:1.82 3rd:1.30 4th: 1.0 5th: .77 6th .50

Terminator 1st: 2.66 2nd: 1.78 3rd: 1:30 4th 1.0 5th: .80 6th .63

You wont see any advantage in gearing until 5th/6th gear. Up until then the transmissions are almost gears identical.. With the cobra having an advantage of 3.55s

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You are correct in theory but not in application. Especially when talking about a cobra owner that was not shifting great.

I have the torque / power to carry me through a "long gear". I spent less time shifting and more time accelerating. I shifted once, he shifted twice. I shifted well enough, he could have used more practice shifting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread