kaboom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
Hmmm 920+ crank horsepower all on the snout..

Somehow I doubt it's the motor builder.

They simply do not make a crank strong enough, so I'm going another route. Nor do they make a cage support.

Side loading combined with harmonic vibrations at those levels.. add slicks.. ka-****ing-boom.

She's gonna be the same motor, just with a new crank.

Yeah.........They DO make a crank strong enough to handle those stresses, but it's a full on custom billet piece with a couple key mods.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Hmmm 920+ crank horsepower all on the snout..

Somehow I doubt it's the motor builder.

They simply do not make a crank strong enough, so I'm going another route. Nor do they make a cage support.

Side loading combined with harmonic vibrations at those levels.. add slicks.. ka-****ing-boom.

She's gonna be the same motor, just with a new crank.

Sounds like a mod motor problem... I made similar power for 6 years and my crank still looks good.:beer: And I don't even have that great of a crank, it's just a regular ole 4340 piece.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
We all know you're lucky as hell in several aspects.;-)
Im not quite sure what that means, but I don't consider my motor living luck, I consider it normal... a motor blowing up every year would be considered un-lucky.:uh oh: I wouldn't have another motor built by my builder if he didn't build the piss out of em.:rockon:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
Im not quite sure what that means, but I don't consider my motor living luck, I consider it normal... a motor blowing up every year would be considered un-lucky.:uh oh: I wouldn't have another motor built by my builder if he didn't build the piss out of em.:rockon:
Naaaa..........one of the areas is what I and other have scolded you for years about.:nono:

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Sounds like a mod motor problem... I made similar power for 6 years and my crank still looks good.:beer: And I don't even have that great of a crank, it's just a regular ole 4340 piece.

Mine made more power than that with a junk eagle 4340 crank, not a billion dollar billet piece. I was running cogs too.... that's gotta be LOTS harder on the crank than a 6 or 8 rib setup.

Do they not make a crank to blower support for mod motors? You know, a rod that goes from the crank pulley to the blower pulley to keep them equidistant?

Tims_engine_2.JPG

or here:

http://www.vortechengineering.com/product.php?p=126&cat_key=22

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Naaaa..........one of the areas is what I and other have scolded you for years about.:nono:

Oh well that has more than been rectified... It's not even fun to get in and out of anymore, but I do feel a lot safer sitting in the car all strapped in.

That's why I am buying another toy for the street.:lol1:

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Oh well that has more than been rectified... It's not even fun to get in and out of anymore, but I do feel a lot safer sitting in the car all strapped in.

That's why I am buying another toy for the street.:lol1:

So you admit that STROKD isn't a street car? :pepper:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Andrew,

I am actually playing around with some of the software available here at UT to try and design a crank support that attaches to the timing cover.. Maybe I can do it? Was thinking just some plain ole finite element analysis.. Just not sure how I would model the loads, probably should take into account vibrations along with a concentrated upward load and torsion.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
So you admit that STROKD isn't a street car? :pepper:

I'm a pussy, I admit it, I like the finer things in life, so god damn what. I'm from Plano after all... My 86 is fun as hell to drive, but it is a bitch to get in and out of (which I knew it would be and is why I never wanted to put a cage in it). It will still be street driveable, and still be comfortable, but it isn't to me a "street" car. Thats not again to say I won't drive it on the street, cause I sure as hell will, but with that damn jungle gym in there, I don't feel it'd be my first choice to take to the mall or to dinner (which a street car should be).:beer:

So, I guess, yea I'm calling it not a street car, even though it will be nicer than a lot of people's "street" cars, I don't consider it myself my ideal version of one...

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm a pussy, I admit it, I like the finer things in life, so god damn what. I'm from Plano after all... My 86 is fun as hell to drive, but it is a bitch to get in and out of (which I knew it would be and is why I never wanted to put a cage in it). It will still be street driveable, and still be comfortable, but it isn't to me a "street" car. Thats not again to say I won't drive it on the street, cause I sure as hell will, but with that damn jungle gym in there, I don't feel it'd be my first choice to take to the mall or to dinner (which a street car should be).:beer:

So, I guess, yea I'm calling it not a street car, even though it will be nicer than a lot of people's "street" cars, I don't consider it myself my ideal version of one...

Are you finished "strokin" yourself?

Donnie, you're a douchebag.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Talked to Manny tonight for about an hour getting some plans..

Right now..

fuel system
bigger injectors

along with some secret mods only Steve knows about.

HPP impresses me as always, and my car will continue to lead the twin screw charge into turbo territory.

The update for tonight is I masked off and painted my timing cover, polished my pullies and cleaned up some engine parts. Tomorrow, I'll hit the valve covers and rims. When the car comes back it will be more powerful than ever, as well as cleaner than ever. Polishing every bolt.

Motor is already apart and will come back with a custom crankshaft for my application.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Talked to Manny tonight for about an hour getting some plans..

Right now..

fuel system
bigger injectors

along with some secret mods only Steve knows about.

HPP impresses me as always, and my car will continue to lead the twin screw charge into turbo territory.

The update for tonight is I masked off and painted my timing cover, polished my pullies and cleaned up some engine parts. Tomorrow, I'll hit the valve covers and rims. When the car comes back it will be more powerful than ever, as well as cleaner than ever. Polishing every bolt.

Motor is already apart and will come back with a custom crankshaft for my application.

good shit J sounds bad ass!:rockon: You gonna have James put a cage in it while it's down?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
You're a crazy SOB and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread