K&N FIPK, anyone install this?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by BNASPLT
On the Eaton at 13 psi the KB setup made 34 more rwhp than the stock airbox assembly (451 to 417).

Here's the proof:
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/CobraCoolAirDyno.pdf
And we all know that dyno numbers can be easily inflated so what they're reporting really doesn't mean anything unless and until the competition is tested under the same conditions. Like I said, I'd like to see some independent testing before I buy their claim. I just don't trust manufacturer claims. Conflict of interest you know.

BOOOOST

Established Member
Sure. I will be testing this CAI on my personal car next week and will let you know exactly what it picked up from before and after.

Bingo13

Established Member
Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
Because the one K&N system is for 99-01. K&N has to get their stuff CARB approved in order to legally sell it, so that is why they say that. Buy something else.

Brad

Banned
That ribbed tubing does not seem like it would make for smooth air flow, I dont know alot about this stuff, but it looks like a pretty budget kit to me.

Also i dont know about you guys, but I would feel funny if I got caught in a down poor. Looks like one deep puddle would wreck that thing.

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by jordanvraptor
The ribbed tubing you see in the pic is the factory intake.........

This is what I'm talking about. Is this not part of the kit?

CobraCoolAir.gif

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by 46stang
I put i little larger air filter in mine but here is a pic. of the K&N fipk system.

46stang,

Do you have a part # for the larger filter? Or could you tell me were you got it?
I'm going to dyno on the 6/14/03 and would like to switch it up to see what works better.

BOOOOST

Established Member
That ribbed tubing does not affect the airflow as it's a very large tubing diameter (4 incher), plus the flared billet aluminum adapter promotes laminar airflow into the MAF.

The kit works, plain and simple.

Last edited:

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
It should be out in the next month or two according to K&N. But who knows, when it does come out, i will be first on thier list to get one since they used my car to do thier testing. I'll keep you posted.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by BNASPLT
That ribbed tubing does not affect the airflow as it's a very large tubing diameter (4 incher), plus the flared billet aluminum adapter promotes laminar airflow into the MAF.

The kit works, plain and simple.

Hey BNASPLT,

Where's a good place to purchase one of these (KB CAI)?

Thanks,

MJ

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Hey BNASPLT,

Where's a good place to purchase one of these (KB CAI)?

Thanks,

MJ

MJ, hey man, you can order it directly from KB. www.kennebell.net

$139

(909) 941-6646 For Placing phone orders, ordering & shipping information, order status, and product information. NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Hours: 8:00-12:00 1:00-5:00

Users who are viewing this thread