K&N FIPK, anyone install this?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
K&N says they don't have this for the 03 yet, but I thought I saw that the 5.0 CAI shootout included one that did quite well.

Does anyone have this on his/her car yet, is this a deal where the FIPK for the 01 will fit but officially hasn't been released for the 03 yet?

Sorry if this has been touched on before, but I can't find a reference to the FIPK by scanning the subj lines & I'm starting to go blind trying.

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
I've got one and it works fine. The heat sheild doesn't go all the way to the hood, but I don't think it makes a huge amount of difference. It was very easy to install.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
You guys got a source & part number by chance?

Based on the 5.0 dyno tests, I think this is the air kit for me.

Thanks!

NJNick

Established Member
I installed it on Saturday. I could feel the difference immediately. Install was easy but slightly different than the instructions. I utilized only one of the brackets on the fender wall. The other bracket didn't reach so I installed without it.

The boost kicks in much sooner and the sound is great.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Thanks, All.

I ordered that PN and picking up tomorrow at lunch for install tomorrow evening. Can't wait.

Thanks again.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I'm leaving to get it now. Bought it at Extreme Motorsports in Jessup MD, took one day to get. $165.00

Will install tomorrow (soccer coach meeting tonight so I'm screwed for this evening). I'll post pics of the install asap. I'm hoping to also dyno either Fri or Sat so I'll #'s as well I think.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
57-2523.jpg

Looks nice, anyone have install pictures?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Well I had a little time before my meeting and thought I'd start the install, 30 mins later I was done. Very easy. Looks almost like it was meant to be there. I don't have digital camera so pics won't be ready til tomorrow or Fri, sorry.

The kit is more than the picture in the previous post though. Includes a heat shield and trim, big daddy filter.

PS- also got my MGW stuff, man that makes a difference to the interior - good night for the snake, except raining so no test drive.

L8R.

93-03cobras

Established Member
I also installed one after reading the article in 5.0 and was very impressed. My car picked up a consistant .1 and 1 mph in the quarter. Also when I removed the right front headlight I also picked up another tenth and MPH. So I would say it works.:thumbsup:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Tx,

Check my sig, I added an engine pic so you can see it there, also a shot on my web page. I'm very impressed with it, tight fit, 30 min install, in person it looks professional & the price was $163 which is very competitive. No dyno #'s yet but 5.0 Mag got about 20 rwhp with it. I would recommend this CAI over the MAC I had on my '99. I think the HUGE filter and connection that looks like a velocity stack are a great setup for the SC engine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice product. But their testing was with their own supercharger and 600+ rwhp. The stock supercharger even with average mods doesn't need a 12" filter from all of the various tests I've read. I'd have to see some more independent testing done before I would believe the manufacturer's claims.

I've got a question thought. How does the filter portion attach to the fenderwell. I don't see any flange or anything. Does it just hang loose thru the opening?

Users who are viewing this thread