K&N Filter HELP to make them BETTER!

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Okay, guys I heard all your cute comments on my K&N filter post. BUT they do not filter out all the dirt. SO if you want to make them better filters put a FOAM outer layer filter and it will solve the problem.....PERIOD! I use either a thin about 1/4 inch oiled foam outer pre-filter or a oiled "OUTERWEAR" prefilter and it helps keep out the dirt. The foam filter is better and I use Motorcycle or ATV foam filter oil.

Now, for those trying to find a FOAM filter replacement. Look at "TRUE FILTER" and "UNIFILTER". Those choosing to use a K&N only filter risk ingesting fine silt and dust into their motors. I suggest installing a fine foam Pre-Filter for added protection and to keep the fine dust and slit out of our motors. For the smart asses who remarked about sand duning and racing in the desert all I'm trying to do is keep us all informed so we protect our cars and not make the mistake I've seen others make in very dusty or dirty conditions. Be warned and be informed. If you loose a motor or ingest dust or slit you've been warned....now do whatever you want it's your nickle.

Trying my best and I guess some like dirt asnd dust in their motors?????

GLWBEAR:coolman: :)

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Why bother with a K&N at all? If you're so concerned, why not just use a stock paper filter? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just an engineer who tries not to overlook the obvious. Try the simple things first before reinventing the wheel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are a number of good alternatives, too, to the K&N. If I was that concerned about a filter I'd use another brand before I fiddled with trying to make the K&N work better. I agree with SnakeBit's logic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread