K Member

thatdude305

Established Member
I will be throwing on some long tubes and someone said to just do the K Member at the same time. Im looking to price out K Members but don't really know what to get. I see Maximum Motorpsorts, UPR, and QA1 on Lethal. I don't race it or go to a track, just regular driving with the occasional turn up. Thx

cobra.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the MM piece. My car is a street car. My only real complaint is I didn't know that my front end would be a little wider with this set up. So my front tires poke out a little which I'm not a fan of. You might look into the Steeda piece as well.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
No experience but a guy I know had a UPR on his and hated it. Squeaks, and noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatdude305

Established Member
I have the MM piece. My car is a street car. My only real complaint is I didn't know that my front end would be a little wider with this set up. So my front tires poke out a little which I'm not a fan of. You might look into the Steeda piece as well.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

What do you mean. Can you post pics if possible

GodStang

Established Member
I have done long tubes with the stock K-Memeber and with the MM K-member. Way easier to do long tubes with the MM K-member. I really like my MM but as said above my tires do stick out a tad more.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We carry K members from UPR, BMR, and Afco at great prices. Shoot me a pm if you are interested or need pricing. We will get you going.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Maximum Motorsports(whole kit) on my 99. Its the strongest setup out there. it moves the front wheels forward about 1" and out a little but(under an inch). I think we took 80pounds off the nose of my car after putting it on only to add more weight with twin turbos. its an awesome setup and I wouldn't go any other route. I do DE days when ever I can and it makes a world of difference. The other brands have lighter setups with more clearance and are as strong as stock, but if you like turns the MM stuff is the way to go

fitforspeed

Established Member
Get the Steeda, you won’t be disappointed. I love mine and nothing but good things to say about it. Steeda isn’t to far from you from the looks of it. They can install it and line your car back up. Great bunch of guys there!

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I got a chromoly PA racing one and it seems the front end is lighter. Doesn’t squeak or rattle or anything funny like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-MANN

Established Member
Steeda will work with your factory A-arms and you won’t need to go coil overs. You could do global west A-arm delrin bushing as well while you have everything out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you want to keep the same ride then get a kmember alone and keep your stock a-arms and springs. Most K's you can do this with and imo unless you're road racing or similar I dont see the point in spending the extra money of a mm or steeda over a upr/teamz.

But if this is just a cruiser and no real track time is in the agenda you can certainly just keep your stock K member and save some money. However depending on what headers you're installing you may need the extra clearance of the tubular k. I have 1 3/4" kooks on mine and the drivers primary tube hit the K member so had to switch.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I run the upr kmember and a arms with Viking coilovers and it works great imo

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I have a PSR and love it. One of my favorite mods. No squeaks rattles or fitment issues.

Not sure if PSR is still around but if you can find one, I'd recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SVT_Troy

Established Member
The Steeda is steep (I just paid $800 shipped for mine) but you can run your OEM A arms if you want and you do not need a oil filter relocation like you do with the MM K-member. It adds up quick. The Steeda is cheaper and easier to deal with.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
^^^This.

$1,000 is a little steep

Ok, buy the MM kit, for example - it's just shy of $700. For the mathematically challenged out there...

...add the required A-arms, oil cooler relocation kit, C/C plates (if you don't have them already), bump-steer kit, coil-over kit, etc. Do the math: that's going to make the whole package come in close to $2,000.

Buying the Steeda kit around the holidays means most guys get them for $700ish as well. If you want to trust the front structure of your car to one the cheap kits, knock yourself out. Again, you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread