Just want to share something.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
good. its the only good country music out there..try some hank snow, jennings, hank williams, loretta lynn.. take your daughter to a blue-grass festival, she'll probly love it..

nashville ruined country music. **** kenny chesney.

93LXHatch

Banned
94five0 said:
good. its the only good country music out there..try some hank snow, jennings, hank williams, loretta lynn.. take your daughter to a blue-grass festival, she'll probly love it..

nashville ruined country music. **** kenny chesney.

I heard that. I hate Kenny Chesney and Keith(pussy man) Urban. Ruined country music. BTW My dughter is only 1 1/2 right now. I hope she stays with this kind of music.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I hope she is as successful without the problems!
Good old John and Merle.

2003 Silver

Banned
Yee-fuggin'-haw!!!!!

Actually, Johnny Cash has some great songs....my buddies dad has a guitar and would always play Kalisha (hahaha...can't even begin to figure out how the spelling is on that one)....the one about the cigar store Indian. Couple of Stegmaier's a few cigars and Johnny Cash!! County done PA style...... :beer:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Everywhere I go nowadays I see fake people trading in there Sean John and Fubu clothes for John Deere hats, Carharts and Caterpiller hats. Being a redneck is coming in style. Honestly, kinda glad too. The music I cannot stand is that Big and Rich or the people that have the same song but just change the words which is 95 % of country nowadays.

93LXHatch

Banned
Ripper said:
Everywhere I go nowadays I see fake people trading in there Sean John and Fubu clothes for John Deere hats, Carharts and Caterpiller hats. Being a redneck is coming in style. Honestly, kinda glad too. The music I cannot stand is that Big and Rich or the people that have the same song but just change the words which is 95 % of country nowadays.

I couldnt agree more. I remember in 5th and 6th grade I got laughed at for wearing John Deere Tshirt's and Carharts and I had a Stihl hat I loved and everyone else hated it. :shrug:

Either way its cool now so I guess Im cool :rockon:

I just hope my twins that are due in Aug like this stuff too.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
93LXHatch said:
I couldnt agree more. I remember in 5th and 6th grade I got laughed at for wearing John Deere Tshirt's and Carharts and I had a Stihl hat I loved and everyone else hated it. :shrug:

Either way its cool now so I guess Im cool :rockon:

I just hope my twins that are due in Aug like this stuff too.

Amen. Hell, that's how I used to earn my money when I was a kid was bailing hay, and putting in hay. Funny thing is when I go around and see all these yuppie kids that have never even touched a bail of hay, a tractor, or anything where you could develop a callous on their hand just shake my head anymore.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Just saw "Walk the line," the Johny Cash movie on Saturday. Was a pretty good flick. Reminded me of the movie Ray. Both had a brother die at an early age, and both got heavily into drugs and cheating on their wives. Pretty twisted world a lot of musicians live in.

Mark

93LXHatch

Banned
Ripper said:
Amen. Hell, that's how I used to earn my money when I was a kid was bailing hay, and putting in hay. Funny thing is when I go around and see all these yuppie kids that have never even touched a bail of hay, a tractor, or anything where you could develop a callous on their hand just shake my head anymore.

Yeah no kidding, talking with one of my new Marines the other day and the only other job he has had was a freaking Bellboy at hotel in NYC, hes from NYC and dresses country and listens to rap and r&B. Some damn confused teens running around these days.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
New country sucks. Garth brookes, CCR, big and rich, kenny chesney can all suck on my ****. I would rather blow my brains out than listen to that. In fact I cover my ears, or walk out of resteraunts that play it. Real country was johnny, merle, Willie, The hank williams. I hate being a country kid and expected to listen to such shit that is played today and is loved by most as far as country goes.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
CCR? Are we talkin' Creedance Clearwater Revival there, 99cobrablack? That's the only band I know of that is known by "CCR" and they sure ain't country. That aside, I'm not much into today's country either. The only ones out there still active that I care to listen to is guys like Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, and maybe one or two others. These newer ones just don't do it for me. I think it started with Tim McGraw that brought in the new age of country.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I work at a country station.

I like some of the songs that come out, but not a lot. Many of the songs coming out that are characterized as country music sound very "pop"ish to me. Songs like Honky Tonk Badonkadonk and the like shouldn't be called country.

Songs that came out in the 90s like Watermelon Crawl, Don't Take the Girl, and The Thunder Rolls are good country songs. In my opinion, real country died in the 90s and was replaced by this popish, hip crap. Some of it is good, but it's just not the same.

A great example of people being fake and listening to country is getting to hear what they call some of the songs. Since I work at a country station, I get people calling in for requests. A great example would be people calling in and requesting "Johnny's Daddy" when in reality the song is called "Don't take the Girl". Another example would be people calling "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" something not even close, like "Honky Tonk Donk" or just plain "Honky Tonk". If you're gonna request a song, at least learn what the name is.

cobraless

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
New country sucks. Garth brookes, CCR, big and rich, kenny chesney can all suck on my ****. I would rather blow my brains out than listen to that. In fact I cover my ears, or walk out of resteraunts that play it. Real country was johnny, merle, Willie, The hank williams. I hate being a country kid and expected to listen to such shit that is played today and is loved by most as far as country goes.

Some of these new country "artists" remind me of the talentless people they have on American Idol, it really is amusing. Its funny I haven't really talked to other country fans about what they like. But I totally agree. Whenever I flip it on a country station and they are playing Keith Urban or something, I remember why new country sucks so bad. There are a few good hits here and there, but overall it seems like its turning wayyyyy too "poppy" for me.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
ford_racer said:
In my opinion, real country died in the 90s and was replaced by this popish, hip crap. Some of it is good, but it's just not the same.

+1. I think country peaked in the mid 90s and passed away in favor of what I'd describe mostly as "redneck pop". I hate to say that, but that's the way I feel about 95% of it. I'd rather go back and buy "greatest hits" of those I missed out on than buy any of the new stuff. Plus, on top of all this, "country" stars are becoming more and more politically outspoken. I say get on stage, do your best song and dance and leave the spinning to those that have no talent for anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread