Just Sold The 04 Cobra

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
building the bottom end is needed for high boost, but the 96-98 heads love boost and will take you real high in to the rpm band, the roots style blower is not very good for higher horsepower because they do nto make na intercooler for it so it results in too much heat, a vortec will make some serious horsepower as long as you forge the bottom, end, the block is all aluminum and take just about anything you throw at it and the crank is good past 650 hp. If you wanna drag race the live axel is also a plus.

I SUCK!

Formerly "syberstang"
Established Member
actually I owned a 04 cobra and know a shit load about them but never even sat in a 98 . so I dont know shit about them . never needed 2. I had a term. and thought I allways would . so not 2 be a dick but why in the hell would I waste my time posting all these questions if I was trying just to be a dick.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
The sn-95 engines arent that far off from the terminator engines except no forged parts, aluminum blocks, and of course no supercharger either. Everything else is relatively the same, although on our cars its infinitely easier to install headers. Also we have 5 speed T-45's stock, not 6 speeds.

As everyone else said, new edge lights would look terrible on our cars, and honestly I prefer our tailights to the slanted boxes on the new edge bodies.

Our engines respond very well to power adders, which is probably a main reason for Ford adding the eatons on the 03-04 models. That being said, a supercharger is always a good decision. Kenne Bell makes a nice 2.1L that will allow you to blow the doors off of most anything on the road. If your going to get an expensive centrifugal, I would just get a turbo for the same price. Its the same thing minus the belt and plus the free energy.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Dude, no offense, but if you're going to hack and cut something up like that then go buy a V6. There is a bazillion of them. The last thing I'd do is buy a Cobra just so I could have those little snakes on the fender only to go and change everything about the car.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
actually I owned a 04 cobra and know a shit load about them but never even sat in a 98 . so I dont know shit about them . never needed 2. I had a term. and thought I allways would . so not 2 be a dick but why in the hell would I waste my time posting all these questions if I was trying just to be a dick.

well for starters, you owned an 04, then sold it. Then considered to try and make a 98 an 04 after (which seems odd). Then asked every indiviual question in a post instead of searching. granted the search feature isn't available at this time, a quick search on google could have told you all of this. Also i kno people will back me up on this but most mustang guys who know there car generally know most of the answers to this question.
hence why this guy said this:
Ok not to be a dick dude but are you serious or are you being an ass?? If you're being serious than I apologize. You can definitely make it fast....I'm just curious because you owned an 03 Cobra. Thought maybe you would know that the 98's didn't have an IRS and all the other stuff. Also 99-04 lights would look retarded on our body style.
Once again If you are serious than I apologize.
You can make that 98 really fast for cheap!!! Definitely worth the $$...

and to be honest I was for sure you were jsut trying to be an ass, that's what a lot of bored kids do on internet forums. JMO

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
I hear ya dude it's all good.

I just found it odd when you said you wanted to put 99-04 lights on an SN-95.

For $2,500 more you definitely did the right thing selling the 03 Cobra......You can make the 98 just as fast if not faster and still have $$ left over :rockon:

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
in all honesty, even if you got lucky on a used Terminator motor and t56 i still think it would be easier and cheaper to just build your stock 4.6. you can get a TKO 5 speed for under 2 grand.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Dude, no offense, but if you're going to hack and cut something up like that then go buy a V6. There is a bazillion of them. The last thing I'd do is buy a Cobra just so I could have those little snakes on the fender only to go and change everything about the car.

+1

its one of the main reasons its getting difficult to find 5.0 foxes.

I SUCK!

Formerly "syberstang"
Established Member
to everyone who posted something worth looking at and helping me 2 understand the 98 cobras . and what can be done with them THANKS A LOT.and 2 the people who just got on here 2 start shit go start shit with someone else . its nice 2 see there are people who will help someone when they have a question about something they dont understand so thanks for the help folks

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
to everyone who posted something worth looking at and helping me 2 understand the 98 cobras . and what can be done with them THANKS A LOT.and 2 the people who just got on here 2 start shit go start shit with someone else . its nice 2 see there are people who will help someone when they have a question about something they dont understand so thanks for the help folks

If you're referring to me I said already I apologize if the questions were legit....

It's just the way you asked the questions that made people wonder if you were for real or not......For the most part we're all really nice guys that will help you out any which way we can. So don't take it as if we just come on here to talk shit..

As to you're questions.....forged rods and pistons, and a blower and you're good to go :burnout:

I SUCK!

Formerly "syberstang"
Established Member
Thanks venomous cobra yes the question was legit all the help I can get about these cobras will be great

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
The '96-'98's had an excellent block, excellent forged crank, fair forged rods (Not as good as the '03-'04's) and standard pistons.

Based on what I've read others go through here, it's the pistons and rods that go.

Just go buy another Terminator.

9746C

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Just my opinion and am considering this myself but ever think about a TURBO? I know they may seem a little ricey to some(not to me and no offense to anyone else but they don't seem to be mentioned as often as blowers) but I think and I am no expert but I think you can run a little more efficiently than a blower at the same boost level and make more power with less stress on the motor and somewhat less heat. Once again I'm no expert so don't quote me and don't beat me up too bad:burn: I have had an 03 and a Roush supercharged 06 and they were both almost better than sex and the sound of the blower is unbeatable. I know the turbo is a bigger initial investment but my thinking is if I can get to a higher power level without having to rebuild the block and without popping it I may be money ahead as I don't intend to race or go for any HP records with mine. Then again I am also considering a nice wet kit of N2O so as to stay as safe as possible but it doesn't seem like as much fun as forced induction. JMO:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread