Just signed the paperwork today

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Took the plunge. Found an '09 GT500 convertible for the right price ($4k below sticker). The dealer (not a forum vendor here, so I won't post) also does performance work, and has a tuning shop right down the road that works in conjunction with them.

Here is how the car will come to me from the dealer when I go pick it up:

FRPP Supercharger upgrade kit (TVS) w/ SCT tune
FRPP Handling kit
FRPP Shifter
FRPP axle-back exhaust

Can't wait to get it...probably right before Christmas.

Here's a pic...oh wait... I'll try to add it to my photos and copy it here.

09GT5001.jpg

Last edited:

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Thanks! It's going to be good to be back into a Mustang again.

I've had 3, and loved them all ('90 LX 5.0 was my first hot-rod I purchased new out of college... ran mid-10s in real street form by the time I was done with it, '96 Cobra with nitrous, and a '98 Saleen S351... nice car).

primetime

Established Member
Very nice.... will look even better with the handling kit I am sure.... oh and very nice stable!

Saw a C5 Z06 Lingenfelter at the track 2 years ago.... car was totally worked and the guy had dyno sheets showing the car making over 1,000rwhp...... he ran low 11's high 10's on street tires with like 2.4 60's, mid to low 7.X's in the 1/8th but 150+ traps. Was quite fun to watch. LOL Really cool dude also. Again, very nice car congrats! later Ron

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Very nice.... will look even better with the handling kit I am sure.... oh and very nice stable!

Saw a C5 Z06 Lingenfelter at the track 2 years ago.... car was totally worked and the guy had dyno sheets showing the car making over 1,000rwhp...... he ran low 11's high 10's on street tires with like 2.4 60's, mid to low 7.X's in the 1/8th but 150+ traps. Was quite fun to watch. LOL Really cool dude also. Again, very nice car congrats! later Ron

Thanks, Ron!

My Z06 doesn't have that package. Actually, that's a one-off (or two-off) package they did that makes 1000rwhp. The one I have seen runs 8s on slicks with an auto trans, but it wasn't a Z06. Mine is a Stage 2 that makes 610+rwhp. I've had it to the track a couple of times, and its a low-11 second ride... at 138mph. ;-) 2.1 60's on drag radials... taking it easy out of the hole in order not to break anything. Should run low-10s with slicks, but I'm fine with it just like it is.

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Congrats on the new car. Really like it with the black stripes. Great set of mods you're having done. I like the all-FRPP theme. Let us know how you like it when you get a few miles on it.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Congrats on the new car. Really like it with the black stripes. Great set of mods you're having done. I like the all-FRPP theme. Let us know how you like it when you get a few miles on it.

Thanks for the compliments on the color scheme. I was thinking of a Vista Blue and doing silver lower stripes (I haven't seen one like that, but I was going to pull off the white and do them), but I really liked this red with the black stripes compared to the more typical white.

Aside from the prerequisite tuning on the dyno that will take place, I won't run it hard it at first. I've yet to have any substantial seat time in one of these newer body-style cars, and I know it will be different from the Fox-3 and SN95 cars I've owned, not to mention my Z06. But over the years I've had some high-HP/TQ cars, and have a healthy respect to know to "learn the car" before going out and hammering down on it for more than just short sprints.

Thanks to all for the hearty congratulations.

RSH427R

Established Member
FRPP Handling kit

Congrats on a nice ride. Question on the FRPP Handling Kit, the description on their site says coupe only. Which kit are they installing? I would do this same mod if they have a kit for the vert. Thanks.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Congrats on a nice ride. Question on the FRPP Handling Kit, the description on their site says coupe only. Which kit are they installing? I would do this same mod if they have a kit for the vert. Thanks.

I saw the same thing and asked the shop foreman, and polled a couple of people on this board and elsewhere who had convertibles. Supposedly, it is an upgrade that will work well with the 'verts too. I figured the spring rates would need to be different for the 'vert, and the OEM springs most likely are (they have been on every other late-model Mustang produced), but the FRPP springs yield higher spring rates than either the OEM coupe or vert, so it should be ok.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

RSH427R

Established Member
I saw the same thing and asked the shop foreman, and polled a couple of people on this board and elsewhere who had convertibles. Supposedly, it is an upgrade that will work well with the 'verts too. I figured the spring rates would need to be different for the 'vert, and the OEM springs most likely are (they have been on every other late-model Mustang produced), but the FRPP springs yield higher spring rates than either the OEM coupe or vert, so it should be ok.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the info! I sure miss the way my Roush handled. My goal is to get the GT 500 in the same league (suspension wise) without spending a fortune.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I sure miss the way my Roush handled. My goal is to get the GT 500 in the same league (suspension wise) without spending a fortune.

Yeah, the Roush suspension packages are nice. I have one of the last kits made for the Gen 2 Lightning trucks and it is awesome. Excellent ride quality to go along with the vastly improved handling.

Users who are viewing this thread