Just saw X2C's Turbo cobra go 9.17 @ 150.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Hey guys Just Got back from mustang drag day 6 at LA county raceway where the track is in the high desert heat and it altitudes at over 2700 ft level..
The car wheelied like no ones mother !:eek:
Went 9.17 @ 150 , I think they cut a 1.3.
Sounded sick!
The only time I didnt take my camera is when they ran it , so I'am pissed but gooooooooooooood damn!:beer:
The guys at X2C told me that they would post thier video later in the week on turbo mustang.com ..
They also told me That they only saw 23 psi and only 22 degrees of timing.
Funny thing is this was the first full complete pass down the track since the new T-88 kit and when they crashed it 2 months ago..
It also looked like it ran out of gear but I wont speculate maybe they will comment.
Just think they are still test and Tuning stages!:beer: :rockon:
Cant wait untill they have it running perfectly and Strictly vs. X2C Showdown happens...:coolman:
It's funny to me how X2C runs thier cars at shitty ass cali tracks @ 2700 above seal level and some of the other big boys are running their cars @ tracks that are like almost below sea level..
Ohh yeah I saw this car at the street races a couple of weeks ago , they were trying to street race it,!:lol:
Congrats X2C.
Cant wait untill this thing is running perfectly.:uh oh:

Lightnin' Larry

I was there too , OMFG!!! Unbelievable!
Saw that thing , the wheelie was incredible, the car was moving like you wouldnt believe and when I found out it wasnt even fully tuned, ran out of gear, stock heads and bottom end, It blew my mind, looks like the other Cobra guys out there better go to the drawing boards...

Last edited by a moderator:

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I was there also and all I can say is "good God" It was great to be standing close to that thing as it wheelied off the line. I also believe that he had to shut down because he ran out of gear. I can't wait to see that thing run when it is all tuned in a nd properly geared.

Jerome

jleews6

Established Member
Just like most other classes turbo's will take over. I would love to see the video.
Strictly against the turbo car would be a great race to see but I think the turbo will overcome. This is not to take anything from Strictly because I met them and they are a great bunch of guys that know there stuff.ALL there cars run good.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
Just like most other classes turbo's will take over. I would love to see the video.
Strictly against the turbo car would be a great race to see but I think the turbo will overcome. This is not to take anything from Strictly because I met them and they are a great bunch of guys that know there stuff.ALL there cars run good.
But the fastest 1/4 mile cars in the world are blown.:)

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
I was there too but I missed the X2C Cobra's run. I heard the launch, though. My friend told me it wheelied so high the driver saw heaven.

I did get a good look at the car in the pits. I would kill for that car.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
Does the X2C car still have the stock motor intact? As in never been opened for cams, pistons,ported heads, ect.

Lightnin' Larry

I talked to them at the event, a great bunch of guys!! They said the motor is stone stock, no porting and stock pistons and all. Just a DFI system, their intake and a big honkin' turbo!!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Wondering when someone was gonna start doing what the supra guys do to make big power, and run the ET's.

X2C been doing it all along, now they are perfecting it. You wanna see where the 03's are going as far as "streetcar" terms, look at the supra's now. In a couple of years youll see 800-1000whp single turbo street cobra's will be the norm. Just a matter of time.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
But the fastest 1/4 mile cars in the world are blown.:)

only because the NHRA and turbo's dont get along. they are outlawed in all but a few import classes.

jasil

Established Member
That is a great trap and time!!:bowdown: Like others have said turbo's rule...PERIOD..so what do you think they are putting down? Without using one of those hp calculators 850rwhp? Either way it says alot about the strength of the stock bottom end if the pistons were weak like some people have been saying they definately would break on 850rwhp runs.IMO

Doesn't that car have a intercooler in the passenger footwell? And no accessories? I fully believe turbo cars will rule in time, but for a true street driven, A/C, power steering, car I think the KB has it beat for now if the above is true.

On a side note Earls performance ran the new 2.4KB and ran 142mph with a slight miss up top on boost alone this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread