Just placed an order for an Ultima RS

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Hey was this you racing the Tesla
Yeah there was a lot not shown in the video but there were serious traction battles that night. Usually you can stab the throttle at 50 and it will hook and go. Not that night at all though and I always had to roll on the throttle (and even then it would spin). The TTRS in the video posted before actually pulled the Plaid by a car or two, and my Ultima beat that TTRS by about a car so under ideal conditions, the Ultima would hang right there with the Plaid. I could shift a bit quicker but after torching a trans in my Viper, I'm just always afraid of beating on the trans which is a Porsche box, but for a car that only produced like 400lbft of torque.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah there was a lot not shown in the video but there were serious traction battles that night. Usually you can stab the throttle at 50 and it will hook and go. Not that night at all though and I always had to roll on the throttle (and even then it would spin). The TTRS in the video posted before actually pulled the Plaid by a car or two, and my Ultima beat that TTRS by about a car so under ideal conditions, the Ultima would hang right there with the Plaid. I could shift a bit quicker but after torching a trans in my Viper, I'm just always afraid of beating on the trans which is a Porsche box, but for a car that only produced like 400lbft of torque.
Makes sense man, I remember seeing the TTRS race with the Plaid and beat it, I was kinda surprised by the race, but I figured you had traction issues, still awesome to see the Ultima out racing

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If you are ever in the market for a new powerplant and GM offers their new Z06 engine, that would be a pretty sweet combo in a car like that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

What do you have the camera attached to behind your car? That view looked like a video game haha

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
What do you have the camera attached to behind your car? That view looked like a video game haha

It's an Insta360 One X2 at the end of a selfie stick which is suction cupped to the rear clam. I run an external mic between the exhaust tips so there isn't just tons of wind noise. Turns out pretty cool and when you edit the footage, you can rotate 360 degrees to see whatever you'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread