Just picked up my 13 Boss this weekend!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nice car guy! The 1st mod you should do is replace the cheap shifter they put in these cars....Don't know why the dealership would drill holes in the front bumper of a Boss...makes no sense.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Lol I actually like the blue valve covers in the green engine bay. You're not the first one to say that though! And amen to the 7500rpm fun! I love the sound of this thing. Its a little quite for my taste so im taking the restrictor plates out tomorrow to see how I like it. I haven't played too hard with the car yet but can't wait until the engine breaks in! Whats the general rule on first oil change? I was thinking 1000 miles? Any thoughts on this?

Dillon, im game for some pictures for sure!

The engine will definitely loosen up with some break-in. Mine is my DD, so I don't want it too loud. I put 11-12 GT500 mufflers on it, and it sounds great! :banana: A nice increase in noise under throttle, and the tips look much better than the crappy Boss ones. I will pull the restrictor plates this weekend, but I think I'm just going to drill bigger holes instead of running without them.

The blue valve covers look great in all color engine bays! Grey would be boring and color-matched would look ridiculous.

Also, I'd recommend getting rid of the intake sound tube. It does nothing on the Boss and it's just uglying up you engine bay.

Last edited:

97DOHCobra

Established Member
This should make you feel better. They have a $7,000 'limited availability' markup over MSRP on a black one in my local dealership.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
awesome car...get yourself a custom bracket for no drilling, guy on here makes them Torqjunky? anyway enjoy! love the boss!

mtrsprt

Established Member
This should make you feel better. They have a $7,000 'limited availability' markup over MSRP on a black one in my local dealership.
That's because it's a Laguna Seca model.... If it's selling for $7000.00 above the base Boss MSRP, it's a steal.

The only black offered in 2013 for the Boss, is the LS model....

mtrsprt

Established Member
Love my GHIG Boss!!!! What car # is yours? Mine is #0540

Boss540.jpg

kbroush

Established Member
Love my GHIG Boss!!!! What car # is yours? Mine is #0540

Boss540.jpg

Thanks guys! I love the color. My car is #0822. Has anyone else taken the side exhaust plates completely out? I took mine out after about 50 miles and plan on keeping them out. The car sounds great!

Josh662234

Established Member
Gorgeous car. I still can not believe they would drill into the bumper of that car:fm:
Did they already have the windows tinted, or did you ask them to do it?

FKing1

Established Member
Thanks guys! I love the color. My car is #0822. Has anyone else taken the side exhaust plates completely out? I took mine out after about 50 miles and plan on keeping them out. The car sounds great!

Drove the car home and immediately took the baffles out.
Love the sound. #371 SBY.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Congrats! GHIG looks amazing - saw one in person the other day. And taking out the exhaust baffles makes it a completely different car!!!

Users who are viewing this thread