Just picked up a terminator engine

1slow4v

I just picked up a junkyard engine. It's complete with eaton, T-56, heat exchanger, ECM, and wiring harness. I picked it up for $8k it was all stock, and has 30k mi on it.

Was this a good buy? I kind of fell into it actually, it came across my neighbor's salvage yard. They called me instantly, and they saved it for me, I wish that they could have saved the fuel system.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
well I got my whole car for $10,000 :)

98 Mustang with terminator motor, T56, IRS, Cobra brakes, full terminator interrior, fuel system, and brakes. And the drivetrain only had 18K on it when I bought this new project car.

I'd say you got an OK deal. I would have been happy with $6K on that buy.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
nice find 68 gt what are your plans because before i sold my 98 Cobra and that was always a project if i had the time and money

Invictus

Banned
I'm parting out an 03 cobra right now and i'll let you recoupe some of that cost. Sell ya the fuel system and whatever else you might need for cheap =)

Digital

Established Member
well I got my whole car for $10,000 :)

98 Mustang with terminator motor, T56, IRS, Cobra brakes, full terminator interrior, fuel system, and brakes. And the drivetrain only had 18K on it when I bought this new project car.

I'd say you got an OK deal. I would have been happy with $6K on that buy.

Just so you know 90% of 98 mustangs with the cobra conversion have stolen parts. Check your numbers on the engine and tranny and see if they are scratched off. Also if yours is black then it's most likely 100% chance.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
Just so you know 90% of 98 mustangs with the cobra conversion have stolen parts. Check your numbers on the engine and tranny and see if they are scratched off. Also if yours is black then it's most likely 100% chance.

WTF ? where are you getting that info from ? the seller and his dad both seemed legit lol Guy and his dad bought a salvage terminator for the kid to swap the terminator parts into his 98 car and his dad built a full turbo big block out of the terminator body. At least that's what he said :eek: My car is green but what does the color black have anything to do with it ? Where are the numbers on the engine and tranny ? My SVT plates are fine.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
nice find 68 gt what are your plans because before i sold my 98 Cobra and that was always a project if i had the time and money
ported blower, pulleys and stuff and shoot for around 550/550 to the wheels on the eaton, and probably put a 75 shot of nitrous on it and have some fun with it on the weekends. I spent tons of money building a car from the ground up before this is much easier, and much much more econimical. I like simplicity now days. I always loved the 98 body style, and don't have the cash for a toy 03-04 Cobra. I like my current daily driver, and the thought of a beast in my garage for spirited driving :)

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
can someone point me in the direction of a 5800 swap, i got cash but not enough for the new one,

jake01cobra

Established Member
i'm in a similar boat as the OP but i had a different question--
I have an 01 cobra and I wanted to know what parts i'm going to need (aside from the engine & supercharger) to make the swap work...

thanks

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
id like to know where you guys are getting these cheap deals.

his $8k price included motor, tranny, blower, heat exchanger, ecu and harness. IMO thats a good ass price, i see motors alone asking between $5500 and $6500.

Unless the motor is blown or something. Have you done a compression check on it yet?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
That is a good price, it includes the T-56.

YEah but its not a viper spec t56. even if it was, the price is a tad high. Heck you can buy brand new long blocks for under 4k, eaton blower setups for 300.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread