Just ordered some goodies...

MustangThief

Established Member
Just got done ordering a MAFia from LFP, a SB RAI from JLT, and my BAP w/wiring upgrade should be here today!

I'm pumped, and can't wait to pull the blower off this weekend and get it shipped off to Stieg for a Stg5.

Anything I'm missing? (I know injectors, i'm putting it on the dyno before I throw money at something I may not need)

Other than that, i think i'm good to go, trying to round up a list of misc items to get at the store, like more rags/shop towels/rtv/loctite/zip ties/carb cleaner etc.

Anyone who pulled the blower before have any tips I might overlook?

Also, I looked but couldn't find anything that said the difference between the ports on stiegs site... it's kinda confusing. There's so many stg5's, are some of them IF you have a SB TB already? I plan to call stieg soon but don't have time and if I don't get time today I'll be up shit creek

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
You might want to get a mimi torch to heat the intercooler bolts. Those little bastards are loctited pretty good in there.

MustangThief

Established Member
Thanks, I got a little propane just for that :)

Any common gaskets that bust that you guys noticed that I should request from stieg? Any that can but probably shouldn't be reused?

Just trying to cover all my bases :)

Also, what did you guys use to cover up the gaping a-hole in the motor while the blower is at stiegs? I was going to just cover it up with new towels...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Good luck and I wouldn't buy gaskets until you check out the ones that are on it. We've reused my blower gasket 3 times now.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I just put some towels over it, I didn't need any new gaskets when I swapped mine either time. Just be careful and take your time it's an easy swap. Definetely get a few cans of carb cleaner to go ahead and clean that intercooler up while its out....

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Any that can but probably shouldn't be reused?

Just trying to cover all my bases :)

Also, what did you guys use to cover up the gaping a-hole in the motor while the blower is at stiegs? I was going to just cover it up with new towels...

I reused all my stock gaskets when I swapped my eaton. When I got my Whipple I bought all new gaskets just because, but really could of reused the same ones again.

I used tape to cover the intake holes and sopped up all the oil with old shirts.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Just got done ordering a MAFia from LFP, a SB RAI from JLT, and my BAP w/wiring upgrade should be here today!

I'm pumped, and can't wait to pull the blower off this weekend and get it shipped off to Stieg for a Stg5.

Anything I'm missing? (I know injectors, i'm putting it on the dyno before I throw money at something I may not need)

Other than that, i think i'm good to go, trying to round up a list of misc items to get at the store, like more rags/shop towels/rtv/loctite/zip ties/carb cleaner etc.

Anyone who pulled the blower before have any tips I might overlook?

Also, I looked but couldn't find anything that said the difference between the ports on stiegs site... it's kinda confusing. There's so many stg5's, are some of them IF you have a SB TB already? I plan to call stieg soon but don't have time and if I don't get time today I'll be up shit creek

I will likely be in the minority here, but I would get a blower to intake gasket and a few extra new intercooler bolts (12).
Use or borrow a good tq wrench for the install.

Label everything up real good during the removal and take some pics for reference when it goes back on.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Steig. sells you all the gaskets for $80 or less. I just ordered them when I sent the blower to be ported. I know most have reused their gaskets, but usually when I'm doing work, its after 6pm on a weekday or a w/end and I know my local ford dealer won't have 1/2 of the gaskets. I hate it when the job can't be done because I don't have a stupid gaket! :mj:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I broke almost every one of those dam intercooler bolts, even with a torch. I got some of them out on my own, but Bob got the rest out for me when he got the blower for port. He did send me all new bolts though.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I used a pneumatic air ratchet and broke zero aftercooler bolts, no heat either. Make sure to get new ones. I also recommend replacing your intake gaskets. My stockers had a metal ring around the sealing surface which was crushed all the way around. The new ones Steve sent have no metal, guess it's an update. I ordered and replaced all the gaskets and o-rings. I'd rater have extras than have to wait to reinstall. Be prepared!!

Also don't follow the torque procedue on SVTP.com for the lower intake to head the torque numbers are way wrong and you WILL break bolts off in the head....not fun!!! Use the manual's numbers.

I drained my IC res. with a shop vac. then stuck the vac on each hose to the heat exchanger and block. This netted exactly ZERO coolant mess in the lower intake. Also there is a ledge on the back of the lower which makes removal a biatch. It's only purpose is to help lasso a wire harness. Zip tie that harness to the firewall and hack the ledge off the lower. It makes install much easier.

Good Luck. Feel free to PM me with any issues. I'll be glad to help.

Users who are viewing this thread