Just ordered my new 2012 Shelby gt500

03Bite

Established Member
So I just ordered a new 2012 Shelby gt500. My price was $500.00 over invoice. Race Red and a car cover. I don't want the shaker 1000 cause I figured it just extra weight and I can up grade the stereo myself later on. $46,239.00 I thought this was a pretty good price! What do you guys think. :shrug:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
So I just ordered a new 2012 Shelby gt500. My price was $500.00 over invoice. Race Red and a car cover. I don't want the shaker 1000 cause I figured it just extra weight and I can up grade the stereo myself later on. $46,239.00 I thought this was a pretty good price! What do you guys think. :shrug:

sweet

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
Wait 46,239 for a 2012 with svt performance pckg? I just closed a deal on a 2011 with svt performance package for 47k... Did i just get robbed?

03Bite

Established Member
I ordered just a base gt500 with the car cover. I am cheap so LOL! I could have ordered any options and it would have been 500 over the invoice. It will work for me but maybe not for everyone. :)

03Bite

Established Member
No nav as I said base gt500. For 2012 some of the things that used to be options for the 2010s are now standard on the 2012 Hid lights and some other stuff. I don't need the nav so no big loss here and i have sat in these cars before and the seats are comfortable to me. Im 5'9" 160 so mustangs fit me well. I found a few dealers that would let there 2011s go for invoice. I then had one that was friends of the family and they agreed to 500 over invoice on a new 2012. Like I said it works for me.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Why get the options when you can get better aftermarket options, such as navigation for cheaper and higher quality. The only option I'd opt for is the Recaro Seats and if they offered the rear seat delete that comes in the Laguna Seca. Everything else could be done for cheaper with aftermarket parts suck as the performance package suspension can be one-upped with a better suspension setup for equivalent or cheaper pricing. You got a very good deal man.

03reptile

Established Member
I too ordered my 2011, stock, w/o the extra options. You'll love the stock suspension, much less harsh then the SVTPP, and the stock wheels are beautiful. You received a good deal. Now comes the Godawful waiting!!

03Bite

Established Member
Thanks guys! I thought I did alright so now I just need to be patient and wait till it comes in. :banana:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I sat in the Recaro's of the new Boss 302 LS last week-end at Cars/Coffee in Irvine. I asked the Ford Rep if they we're the same as the '12 Shelby option...He said basically yes. If you are a big guy like me, be careful what you wish for, as the side bolsters def. reduce the width. I am considering a new '12, will I order them??? Probably not.....My take...BTW, great deal on the new ordered '12 Shelby

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread