Just ordered my KB 2.6, what kind of HP at 15#'s?

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Just ordered my KB 2.6 w/ an 11# pulley on it. I've also got a 4# lower on now. Can some one tell me about what HP I can expect at 15# on the 2.6? I'm hoping to reach 600hp on pump gas (92 octane around here). Is it possible? I will also be putting a race gas tune on my SCT switch chip.

Thanks guys,
Verlin

97on22s

Established Member
prolly bummp it to the 17-18 range find a good shop pretty sure thatd get you at the 600 prolly make it work on pump gas...

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Well I guess i'm calling KB tomorrow and ordering a 14# upper for a total of 17#'s and see where the race gas tune takes me. Dont get me wrong, 550-575 on my daily driven Cobra will work!!:banana: I sure would like to join the 600 hp club though. What will it take to get there on pump gas and all the supporting fuel mods of course?? How much boost will 92 octane support? Patrick at PSI in Houston will be doing the install and tune. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
15#, why waste money when your eaton could have put you there, dont understand.
Hey, I just went by what Matt at KB told me when I specifically asked how much boost on 92 octane to get me to 600 hp. I even mentioned going w/ 17#'s and he said no I would be pushing it on 92 octane. Kinda disappointed and starting to feel like KB might have let me down.:bash: Needless to say i'm calling KB for a new pulley tomorrow. Kinda sucks though because its going to cost me $70 for a new pulley that could have come with my $3500 dollar blower to begin with.

Last edited:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Hey, I just went by what Matt at KB told me when I specifically asked how much boost on 92 octane to get me to 600 hp. I even mentioned going w/ 17#'s and he said no I would be pushing it on 92 octane. Kinda disappointed and starting to feel like KB might have let me down.:bash: Needless to say i'm calling KB for a new pulley tomorrow. Kinda sucks though because its going to cost me $70 for a new pulley that could have come with my $3500 dollar blower to begin with.

ya i would turn up the boost some ,and go over 600 rwhp. could easily be done with 2.6 and be safe. just do a little bit of more research

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Boost it...and run torco to get you up in octane...enjoy what that blower will do.....Gotta pay to play.......

GodStang

Established Member
15#, why waste money when your eaton could have put you there, dont understand.

Because 15# on a twin screw is TOTALLY DIFFERENT then 15# on an Eaton.

As far as Octane and boost. Matt was right 17# is pushing it on 92 Octane. It is better for him to lead you on the safe side. Can you still run 17psi and reach over 600rwhp on 92 octane, Yes. Get some Torco and keep it in your car. If you ever get detonation pull over and put some in ASAP.

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Just got off the phone w/ Mike at KB and luckily my blower was still there ready to ship today. He's gonna swap out the pullies for me before it ships. Thanks again Mike. I have no problem running a nice conservitive tune on my switch chip for daily driving and have a more aggressive torco/race gas tune for the track or these weekend late nite meetings we tend to have here in West Texas! I just want the 600hp there when I need it. And 600hp at 17#'s is easier to reach than 600hp at 15#'s.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i got a 3.25 pulley on mine with 19.5 psi peak. with 93 gas.603 rwhp.
i got a stock lower still, but the 3.5 pulley only topped 16 psi for some reason, and that was at 535 rwhp, plus jms did that tune , after that, i winded up bring it to amazon.for a real tune.

Busta1

Established Member
Don't know about 15psi but hopefully on Sun I should know what 22psi puts down on my 2.6H.:banana: Running a 93 and Torco tune so it should be somewhat conservative.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I hit it at 15 psi....go turbo if you need to hit a high hp with low PSI....cuase a twinscrew has got no shot. Nothing against them.....I love twinscrew cars but you need to up the boost and have good fuel for hp. But you do have instant torque!!!!

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
NO! AT 19PSI

Nice numbers for 19. I meant slow poc though. I think 600 is reachable on pump gas but you are going to have to bring it up to 18-19 PSI. Make sure you go to a good tuner. 19 is the threshold for myself on pump gas......I know some on here go up to the 20-21 PSI but I think you are just asking for trouble at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread