Just Moved to Boston

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I just moved to Somerville from Tennessee so I'm looking to find some cool car (mustang or otherwise) guys and gals to meet up with at car shows and whatnot. I've got a silver 10th Anniversary Cobra with pulley/intake/exhaust, so finding some other cobras around would be great. I saw a black 03/04 on Beacon St. in Somerville a couple days ago, but that's the only one I've seen so far. I look forward to meeting up. By the way, you guys probably think it's been hot the last couple days, but I'm so thankful I'm not having to endure another Tennessee summer...

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Welcome! The heat doesn't bother me its just the humidity. I have been to NC, TX and AZ in the Summer and I know how hot it can really get.

Where in Boston are you? I am about 20 minutes north of Boston.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
My address is in Somerville but I'm essentially on the Somerville/Cambridge line. I'm a 5 minute walk to Porter Square on the red line.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Welcome!!!!! What kinda cobra do you have?

There literally is a show or a crusie night every night of the week somewhere.

Good group of local guys can be found at smokingstangs.com

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Welcome to New England... there's a good group of Mustang and Lightning owners here and over on Lightning Rodder. Actually about a dozen of us are cruisin to Long Island Lightning Fest this coming weekend.

Mike

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
welcome. yah +1 on winter though. hope you can find yourself a nice little turd to drive around in cause that cobra wont go 2 feet and it it did it would prob be the last 2 feet of its life. Anyway yah there are tons of shows in the areas

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm gonna park the Cobra under a car cover when there's snow in the forecast, or if I'm gonna get rid of it for something that isn't insanely dangerous on anything but dry pavement. Every time I go a few days without driving it it's like the first time I drove it though. It's gonna be like giving a kid up for adoption after 2 years.. ha.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Also, do any of you know if there are any decent aftermarket or tuning shops in the area? I'm looking for a job up here and I'm tired of doing jobs that I don't enjoy, so I'd really like to get into a job in the car business somehow (not selling cars, more like aftermarket parts and tuning side).

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Hmm I have used Performance Dyno for tuning. People say Pro Tree Performance and Dez Racing are good shops. Never been to them but havent heard anything bad about em.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Performance Dyno in Concord NH is the only place to go for tuning around here. Pete knows how to keep these cars safe, reliable and making good power. I'm not the only one on here that will tell you this either. Pete doesn't really do any mechanical work though. He may swap a blower pulley for you, but anything really in depth like a cam swap or a blower swap I don't think he would do. Pro Tree would be a place that would probably do that for you. They have a pretty good reputation too.

TFStang

Established Member
Welcome to NE! Great place to live. There are plenty of nice stangs around as I'm sure you will see. Try and make it to some of the cruise nights if you can.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
MPE is in Taunton (I believe). Chris is a good guy over there. Should be pretty close to ya.

Welcome to beantown.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Performance Dyno in Concord NH is the only place to go for tuning around here. Pete knows how to keep these cars safe, reliable and making good power. I'm not the only one on here that will tell you this either. Pete doesn't really do any mechanical work though. He may swap a blower pulley for you, but anything really in depth like a cam swap or a blower swap I don't think he would do. Pro Tree would be a place that would probably do that for you. They have a pretty good reputation too.

is pete even still tuning? last i heard was that hes mostly focusing on his other business nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread