Just killed my first Z06

Justin

Established Member
Ok it is almost 3 AM. I was on the way home from work, and right before I got to my exit, a red Z06 pulls up next to me on the interstate. I decided not to get off at my exit and see if he wanted to play. I pulled up behind him and then around to his right side. I sat there a second and then he took off. He got away quick. I was still in 5th gear. Flashed my lights at him to let him know I wanted to run. He waited for me. I pulled up next to him at around 60mph. I let him take the jump. He pulled a car on me before i really reacted. When I hit 4th gear, I went by him fast. As soon as I pulled about 2 cars on him, I hit the brakes. We were going about 135. We went 3 more times. I let him leave the next 2 races, and I ran him down every time. The last race he wanted me to take the jump. I did. That wasnt even close. He told me to pull over. We talked for a little bit. Real nice guy. He said his was stock. He was amazed how bad i pulled away from him. And since this was my first time racing one, I was pretty happy. :burnout:

Metro1

Established Member
Great Kill Man. Their is nothing better then spanking a Z06 ass. Me and my boys who both have Cobra one with a KB and one with aported blower go looking forn these guyes all the time at the beach. Big money boys. Nothing better then watching their face as you pass them in a vert with the top down. They KN first, the ported then me. What a site three cobra blowing by him likwe he is sitting still. Fu-- you got to love it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice kill. Sounds the driver of the Vette was pretty cool, too. :)

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Nice kill, still looking to run a Z06 myself.

Nice car Alex, I saw one just like it a few weeks ago. I ran it down to see if I could get a race, and it ended up being a female with no interest in racing.

vipergts281

Established Member
Nice kill.

I'm still winless against them I raced one with a catback and a stock one. I was at the bumper of the stock one and the one with the catback was about 4 feet in front of me at most.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Now that is a great kill ! Congrats! :beer:

I am 3 for 3 in the Z06 as*kicking department. :burn:

The Vette owners are clubbed together pretty tight here in Columbus Ohio so it doesn't surprise me that the word is out to stay away from the 03/04 Cobra's here in Columbus. :cryying:

Of course if there are any Vette lurkers from Columbus reading this and wanting to try I'd be happy to bitch slap you around to make it 4 for 4. :burnout:

Last edited:

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Nice Kill! Watch out for the modded Z's however. Just adding 50rwhp with their power to weight to gearing ratio they become very deadly. BTW What year Z06? 01 or 02+?

wuplash

Established Member
nice kill:beer:

reading all these z06 kills makes me jealous as i have yet to come across one when i have the cobra out.

cenwesi

Established Member
Originally posted by Justin
Not sure if it was an 01 or 02.. how would I tell them apart?

Nice kill and here is one way you can tell if it is an '01 OR '02..04. The HUD right above the guages. The '01s don't have it. One other thing i discovered about the z06 and something tells me ALOT of z06 fellows don't do this when they are about to race is put the car into competive mode. I tried that the other night and it scared the crap out of me. Car took off like a rocket.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Justin
Ok it is almost 3 AM. I was on the way home from work, and right before I got to my exit, a red Z06 pulls up next to me on the interstate. I decided not to get off at my exit and see if he wanted to play. I pulled up behind him and then around to his right side. I sat there a second and then he took off. He got away quick. I was still in 5th gear. Flashed my lights at him to let him know I wanted to run. He waited for me. I pulled up next to him at around 60mph. I let him take the jump. He pulled a car on me before i really reacted. When I hit 4th gear, I went by him fast. As soon as I pulled about 2 cars on him, I hit the brakes. We were going about 135. We went 3 more times. I let him leave the next 2 races, and I ran him down every time. The last race he wanted me to take the jump. I did. That wasnt even close. He told me to pull over. We talked for a little bit. Real nice guy. He said his was stock. He was amazed how bad i pulled away from him. And since this was my first time racing one, I was pretty happy. :burnout:

Good Kill!!

Was it an older 385 h.p. or newer 405 h.p. Z06?

Users who are viewing this thread