Just joined the 335/30-18 club :)

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
Most tire shops will not mount them. I had a friend that works at a tire shop do it for me.

OP: car looks great man.

Predatorbird

Established Member
According to the Tire-Rack, the recommended wheel width range for a Pilot Sport Cup is 11.5" - 12.5" wide for a 335/30.

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

With liability the way it is these days it wouldn't surprise me a majority of shops would not mount these.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

My question is who is installing the tires on all of these VW's with stretched out tires? I don't know if it's worse to have a tire too small or too big? :shrug:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Don't forget that BFG's always run wide and have that "rim protection" rubber built in.
FWIW, here is my BFG 335/30/18 KDW NT on a CCW 18x11. It is at a minor angle but is meant to give an idea of the sidewall on my setup. I still wish that a company made a non-DR 315 though, I'd imagine that would fit better.
DSC00405.jpg

Predatorbird

Established Member
Don't forget that BFG's always run wide and have that "rim protection" rubber built in.
FWIW, here is my BFG 335/30/18 KDW NT on a CCW 18x11. It is at a minor angle but is meant to give an idea of the sidewall on my setup. I still wish that a company made a non-DR 315 though, I'd imagine that would fit better.
DSC00405.jpg

Any more pics of your setup? I'm thinking about getting those when I get some 18x11 CCW's. I also wish they had a better selection of 315's.

Tha_PiG

Established Member
My tires bulge on both of my street cars. Guess I suck.[/img]

If it makes you feel better, I get "considerable bulge" in my pants when I look at your Cobra.

I just have skinny little 295's....

By the way, I see a lot of folks givin you shit about your exhaust tips. I found this site has the best deals on tips: Complete Exhaust

02-07-10017.jpg

02-07-10016.jpg

laterbra

Established Member
is it tru that when you get these huge bfg 335's your car is actually slower because of the weight?? ad that the car needs that much more power to spine them?

like for example
would a car with 275/40/17 bfg in a race beat the exact same cobra with bfg 335/30/18??

Teej281

Established Member
Its possible. Its not that huge of a difference that it would make it that much slower. Now in a dead stop race the one with the wider tire will likely win with more tread hitting the road. But Tha_PiG, what exhaust tips are you running on there? I like them and need tips for my catback im getting by with for my IRS install. And there is nothing wrong with 295's...I run them even in non-dr I get traction. I wish they were a little bit wider but not much. 315 would be perfect i think...but we do need to get more street tires in 315 30 18's IMHO!

Users who are viewing this thread