Just joined the 335/30-18 club :)

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Well my tires came today, talk about MEATS, i'll let the pics do the talking

This is compared to my hand, I'm a big guy. Wear an XL MMA Glove.

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0716.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
Just got mine on not too long ago. It's going to look awesome.

DocB

Established Member
Something to consider, I wonder if a 335 is spec'd to fit on a 10" rim? Just check it out, to be safe at high speed cornering.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
:eek:

I don't think 335 will work on 10" rims. I have 315's on 10 1/2 inch wheels and they are at the limits of what the rim will carry. That's putting a lot of rubber on the road. What size are the fronts?

You sould be looking for 11" wheels

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Well guys, got them all mounted up, they'll be on tomorrow, I'll post pics. They bulge some, but not that bad really. It looks good, and they didnt really even have any trouble getting them on. The guy said that " it's all in the wheel machine, a place with a cheap mounting machine will say they can't do it. We sprung for an italian one.. ive mounted stuff way bigger than this"

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It will be interesting to see if those tires actually fit INSIDE your wheel wells. :dw:

Good luck!!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
It will be interesting to see if those tires actually fit INSIDE your wheel wells. :dw:

Good luck!!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

They fit. I just got mine in the other day. I'll throw some pics up when I get the beast washed and such. 335/30R18 BFG KDW NT's on 18x10.5 AFS cobra reps. Looks incredible.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I guess when half the tire sticks out past the bumper cover any size will fit. It's weird they don't look any wider than my 305 Toyo's, maybe because they are being pinched narrow by the 10.5's?

Jroc

Established Member
335 will look fugly on anything smaller than a 11" wheel. BFG run on the widerside, and a 11.5" wheel would look better still with them. I knew someone with 295 BFG DR's mounted on a 9" wheel and they bulged like crazy, and almost looked like his tires were flat. Also met, and talked to a guy with a C5Z with 315 BFG DR's mounted on 10.5" wheels, and they bulged pretty damn bad. He had another set of the same wheels with 295 BFG DR's, and they looked much better, and not at all undersized for that wide a wheel.

True 315's even bulge some on a 10.5" wheel.

IMO too many people jump on the wider is better bandwagon. While I like a wide tire, too wide a tire for any given wheel is not going to look good or handle well at all.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
335 will look fugly on anything smaller than a 11" wheel. BFG run on the widerside, and a 11.5" wheel would look better still with them. I knew someone with 295 BFG DR's mounted on a 9" wheel and they bulged like crazy, and almost looked like his tires were flat. Also met, and talked to a guy with a C5Z with 315 BFG DR's mounted on 10.5" wheels, and they bulged pretty damn bad. He had another set of the same wheels with 295 BFG DR's, and they looked much better, and not at all undersized for that wide a wheel.

True 315's even bulge some on a 10.5" wheel.

IMO too many people jump on the wider is better bandwagon. While I like a wide tire, too wide a tire for any given wheel is not going to look good or handle well at all.

You can clearly see in the picture I posted, that while they bulge a little, it's far from terrible. I'm not going for the " running flat" look.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Got my wheels and tires on, FINALLY, and figured i'd take a few shots. I need to brighten them up a little in photoshop, but ole well. Here ya go.

DSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Wow those bulge big time. If I were you I would look for 11" or 11.5" wheels or get your wheels widened. Other than that you have a very nice car.

Users who are viewing this thread