Just installed the new JLT.

ChrisP14

Established Member
I finally got to install the JLT. I havent noticed much of a power difference but, it does feel like the car pulls harder at lower RPM's. I a had a little trouble connecting the maf to the filter fitting thats what the washers are for. Anyways here are the pics.
DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0145.jpg

THE_STIG

Established Member
I have the same kit on my 98 GT, I noticed a bit of a difference. After a tune I really noticed it, the engine revs higher it pulls harder at low RPMs. Sounds cool too, you can hear a sucking when you get on it.

Bri03GT

I Cant Stop Modding
Established Member
I dont like the way they fit it looks like it sits on the strut tower top...
It looks like its sitting side ways ???

mvr

Established Member
looks formilliar :banana:

i installed mine at the same time as a Accufab 75mm TB/Plenum. i definitely felt a difference compared to the stock intake setup with just a k&n drop in. it seemed to pull harder throughout the rpm's. and it makes a cool sound :rockon:

intake002sm.jpg

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
About time you started modding that sumbish! Did it come with a heat shield? I would add one if not, it's gonna get heat soaked driving around but in stop and go and at the track it will help some.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
mine's sitting in a box in pieces... :nonono: replaced with a K&N FIPK.

I've see he's redesigned some of those fittings. Glad i could be a paying beta tester. :smmon:

congrats thou...

:-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MustangMitch said:
Good choice with the JLT.

BUT

Why not go wiht the CAI. It just doesnt make sense to me to be sucking in engine air.
Not everyone likes the idea of putting the filter in the fenderwell area. And tests haven't shown that engine bay heat is a big factor. The majority of those who buy a new intake go with RAI versions. Ease of installation of the RAI is one reason. Changing the filter is easier, too.

Users who are viewing this thread