Just installed the MM Coil-over kit...WOW!!!

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
What a difference in driving!!! I thought my Hans SFC's were a big increase (and they were) but the MM Coil-Over Kit is outragous!!! Now I can corner like a $50.00 Hooker running from the VIce on a hot summer night!!!

~ Fresh :burnout:

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
I, too, just installed MM coilovers. 375 up front and 575 in back... They are awesome!

71stang99

Established Member
Great quality stuff, personally I dont have them on the rear, just the H&R springs but the front has 350# hypercoils, did you also get the caster/camber plates?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Fresh when is the next time you're gonna be up this way? I would love to go for a ride in that beast. Maybe I'll make a trip down to you???

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i had mine installed two weeks after buying the car and they not only made the car handle better, but also made the car run even smoother.

dgussin, i have an appointment at so cal diablo on tuesday next week (if all goes well with my local performance shop that is checking to make sure i installed my nos system correctly). don't hesitate, the coilovers are far superior to any spring combination!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Coil-overs are not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. It is the best setup if you want optimum height adjustability, ride and cornering. A friend of mine had a set of these on his Sonic Blue '03. All I can say is WOW! Sweet setup!

Fresh Cobra, can you post a pic soon?

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Any of you guys runnings coil overs with the stock struts?

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
Chicane quoted me $1500 total (parts and labor) installed for a MM coilover kit, front and rears (with the stock rear Bilsteins notched and re-used). That price also includes MM c/c plates and alignment. He said if I wasn't happy with the spring rate he chose for my application, he'd switch to a different spring rate free of charge.

I'm not sure if that's a good price or not. I haven't really called around anywhere else.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
Any of you guys runnings coil overs with the stock struts?
I'm running the stock front struts. I did get the 00 Cobra R rear shocks though. The only reason I got them was I could not have the car down for a week or so while the stock shocks got gooved.
I paid $1168 for the front and rear coil overs, caster/camber plates and 00 Cobra R shocks. If you buy the package, MM gives a discount.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by MikeC
I'm running the stock front struts. I did get the 00 Cobra R rear shocks though. The only reason I got them was I could not have the car down for a week or so while the stock shocks got gooved.
I paid $1168 for the front and rear coil overs, caster/camber plates and 00 Cobra R shocks. If you buy the package, MM gives a discount.

How's it help with the hop, how much labor for all that?

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
How's it help with the hop, how much labor for all that?
It helped the hop quite a bit. Not completely eliminated but much better. I did the install myself, it took about 4 hours taking my time. All you need is a spring compressor to remove the stock rear springs and basic hand tools.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
:beer: :thumbsup:

You can use the stock struts upto around 350-375 Ibs/in and then after that you need to use the MM race spec bilsteins. I highly suggest the 00R shocks on the rear with any springs especially if you every plan on doing Delrin CA bushings.

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
I'm running the stock struts with 375 lb/in up front... like toofast4u said, MM recommends their race spec struts for spring rates any higher than that.

I've got 00 Cobra R shocks in the back with 575 lb/in springs.

I think they help with wheel hop, but I haven't been to the track with the new setup.

Users who are viewing this thread