Just installed the MGW Shifter handle

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I am one of the few that was ok with the stock shifter (didnt really miss any gears at all) Now that I have installed this shorter handle with just the 2 small rubber washers it is shifting 100 percent better! Should have done this mod a year ago.... Anyway if anyone is thinking about this product go for it! :thumbsup:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Make sure that thing is TIGHT! I love it too, but about 3 or 4 months ago, I was driving down the road, started to race and when I went to hit second gear hard and the shifter knob came off and into my hand. I didn't have the torque nuts that hold the adjustable piece in place, and I was left limpin home. I had to rip the boot off at a stop light, and just hold onto the little teal part the rest of the way home..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used my MGW shifter handle for a year and a half and never had an issue with it coming loose. Maybe I tightened up extra good when I installed it. I really liked it! It doesn't solve everyone's positioning preferences but at least gives you a wider range of positions to choose from.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Cobra03FLA said:
I am one of the few that was ok with the stock shifter (didnt really miss any gears at all) :thumbsup:
I was the same way. I didnt have a problem with the stock shifter at all. But once I put the short throw in I could tell there was a big difference. I love how it shofts now with the short throw. :burnout: Shane

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DitchTehFish said:
I'm guessing you can use the MGW handle with the Steeda Tri-Ax?
Yes, you can use it with any aftermarket shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread