Just installed my stingers

Anabolic

Banned
the stingers, how would they sound with an H pipe opposed to x pipe? or prochambre even?... i seen vids of the x -pipe and just dont like the girgle blup blup sound it gives. << lol my mac has a hollow sound to it
performance wise what're the graphs sying for the stingersc compared to others?

sonicblew

Established Member
I've got Mac lt's mangaflow o/r x with stingers. It's loud but not nearly as obnoxious as you would think and as far as having to yell at highway speeds I've never had that issue. I always drive with windows down too. I like it :rockon:

nol300

Established Member
Just put on my o/r prochamber with stingers and I absolutley love the sound. But exhaust is to each there own.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
stock H and stingers are the best sound ever!! Not to loud but when you hit the gas it sounds great.

i used to share the exact same point of view. i ran that setup for almost 7 years

but have you ever tried it with a catted x-pipe? if you try it, i could almost guarantee you would not go back :thumbsup:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Nate how was the fitment compared to the stingers? Like I mentioned, i had to screw with the tailpipes a lot to get them to not touch. I had them tack welded just so I had a marking point, but compared to how easy the bassani went together on a friends car, the stingers were a pain.

I'm having the same issue with my stingers! I adjust them to where there's an inch or two gap and over time they are butted up against each other. I need to figure something out because it is causing a flat spot on the pipes.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I've got Mac lt's mangaflow o/r x with stingers. It's loud but not nearly as obnoxious as you would think and as far as having to yell at highway speeds I've never had that issue. I always drive with windows down too. I like it :rockon:

I don't mean yell like to the top of my lungs, im just saying i cant use my inside voice if i want to talk while in my car! And people normally hear me long before they see me coming. Could be a good thing but also could be a bad thing.....

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I'm having the same issue with my stingers! I adjust them to where there's an inch or two gap and over time they are butted up against each other. I need to figure something out because it is causing a flat spot on the pipes.

before you tighten everything after lining it all up, stick a rag or something between the pipes to keep a slight gap. just don't forget to remove it lol

unless i do that my stingers would touch too

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
before you tighten everything after lining it all up, stick a rag or something between the pipes to keep a slight gap. just don't forget to remove it lol

unless i do that my stingers would touch too

Yeah they have a nice gap after they are all tightened up, but they work their way back together after a while...stubborn pipes!!

Silver TT

Established Member
I don't mean yell like to the top of my lungs, im just saying i cant use my inside voice if i want to talk while in my car! And people normally hear me long before they see me coming. Could be a good thing but also could be a bad thing.....

I have almost exact setup: Mac LTs, Lethal O/R X, Stingers and I agree it is really hard to have a normal conversation on highway if you are on the gas at all. Around 1900 - 2100 RPMs forget it...you can barely hear yourself think and at 4,000+ you shouldn't even been listening to anyone even if you could hear them ...:beer:

Silver TT

Established Member
Anyone have a similar setup to mine and found a way to dial it back just a notch or two in volume / obnoxiousness but keep similar performance / flow and WOT sound?

I'm thinking of going with the Lethal Catted X since I am in NY anyway but afraid that might reduce flow a bunch. Maybe better with just a more mellow cat back and keep LTs and O/R X?

Users who are viewing this thread