Just installed my 2.3 Whipple :)

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
I just finished the process of upgrading from a stock Eaton with a 2.8 pulley to a 2.3 Whipple with a 3.0 Pulley.

Along with the Whipple I upgraded the following

80lb FRPP Injectors
twin 340lph Pumps
ba5000 MAF
Billetflow Single Blade TB
JLT High Boost CAI
Diablo Predator
Tuned by Apple Racing at AVFord

Went from 440rwhp with the Eaton to

584rwhp/535 rwtq with a safe conservative tune...

So glad that i have NT05R tires! They hook the new found power like a mofo!!!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice op! you must of had Casey tune your car? He did mine recently with a tvs blower, I made roughly 17.5psi boost with a 3" pulley. Had some belt slip though. Gonna maybe do a race gas tune and smaller pulley. How much boost did yours make?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Very nice. I find it interesting that Bdubbs and MN SVT may have presumably used the same tuner and same dyno, both with a 3.0 pulley and otherwise comparable power mods and they appear to be in the same ball park of power (considering Bdubbs will likely gain a little when his belt slip is resolved). I expected to see higher torque on the TVS, and generally higher numbers based on previous opinions people arrived at concerning the two different blowers.

It makes me wonder...

Either way, nice cars.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Used the nt05rs but they weren't as good as the stickey mickeys that I have now
Congrats!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. I find it interesting that Bdubbs and MN SVT may have presumably used the same tuner and same dyno, both with a 3.0 pulley and otherwise comparable power mods and they appear to be in the same ball park of power (considering Bdubbs will likely gain a little when his belt slip is resolved). I expected to see higher torque on the TVS, and generally higher numbers based on previous opinions people arrived at concerning the two different blowers.

It makes me wonder...

Either way, nice cars.

Yeah I hear you, tuner told me my tvs is in the same ballpark as the whipple cars they tune. Same tuner different dyno. Tuner works at Apple Valley Ford, but he also does tuning at APS which is the shop that I go to. I'd really like to dyno mine again to make sure I have that belt slip fixed. No belt dust anywhere, so I think I got it. I too thought my tq would have been higher.

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Yeah I hear you, tuner told me my tvs is in the same ballpark as the whipple cars they tune. Same tuner different dyno. Tuner works at Apple Valley Ford, but he also does tuning at APS which is the shop that I go to. I'd really like to dyno mine again to make sure I have that belt slip fixed. No belt dust anywhere, so I think I got it. I too thought my tq would have been higher.

Since the tuner works at both maybe you can go to the same shop the OP dynoed his car at and see what numbers you get on that dyno. That way you'd find out if your belt is slipping and let us know how the TVS and Whipple compare to each other with similar mods on the same dyno:thumbsup:

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
Casey is one of the better mustang tuners in the area. He has tuned 4 cars for me over the years. Knows his Fords for sure!

Im at 17lbs of boost and loving it! I also had a little belt slip up top, but I don't care if I make more. :) I was hoping for 600 rwhp, but Im very happy where it sits. Put 100 more miles on car tonight and it makes me smile!!! :) :) :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Since the tuner works at both maybe you can go to the same shop the OP dynoed his car at and see what numbers you get on that dyno. That way you'd find out if your belt is slipping and let us know how the TVS and Whipple compare to each other with similar mods on the same dyno:thumbsup:

Yeah it would be interesting. I was going to use the dyno that OP used, but wanted to see how much was gained from my previous setup as that's the dyno I used previously.

I agree OP Casey does good work, I too was shooting for 600rwhp, but it's just a number. There a blast to drive!

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
put 70 more miles today before the monsoon rains hit.

Why did I wait to do this?

With my lightning I dynoed my lightning t both places. It put down 424/499 at APS and 426/502 at AVF. So pretty similar...

Im running pump gas (93)

Users who are viewing this thread