Just installed K&N FIPK- yea baby!

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
You guys have to stop talking about even simple mods for your cars.....its killing me not to mod at all !!! Man...this setup does look and seems to make the power.

I will if you take that pic. out of your sig!! Makes me wish I would have held out for the Screamon Yellow!:beer:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
On forced induction cars intake and exhaust equates to some pretty nice gains. My FIPK ( I didn't install the heat shield, took me all of 10 min to install) dynoed an extra 25 rwhp. Simple, CARB legal and good hp gains. Tis all I needed to know to buy.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
I will if you take that pic. out of your sig!! Makes me wish I would have held out for the Screamon Yellow!:beer:

:lol: :lol: Hmmmmmm :beer: :burnout:

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Hey, I have a DC already installed in the "low" position. Do you guys think the K&N setup would be better? Should I yank the DC out?

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
Hey djc,

Thanks for the offer. It fit like a glove when i removed the screen. i really like the feel of this thing. car sounds much better too. Might remove that rubber liner. doesnt look too sturdy to me.

The extra umpf all for $169. Cant really beat that...well i guess a pulley is a little cheaper.

Buddy

Established Member
Dave,
I installed mine last week. Expected it to take one hour, max.
Well, after four hours, it was in there rock solid. I had to re fabricate my bracket arm: it had to be re- bent, cut to length, filed, repainted. I figured out the factory screen in the MAF had to go... it would not reassemble with it in there; that should have been in the directions!

I would leave the rubber molding in place on the shield as it seals against the hood blanket. Despite the problems, it makes the engine come alive. Next: computer tune with a pulley, and catbacks to compliment the full length subs, jacking rails, cross braces, and 5.0 shifter w/ MGW handle.

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
The first time it went into my car it took about 3 hours. The second time i completely removed it and dissasembled it , reassembled then installed it in 1 hour. The third time i got it in there in less than 30 min.

Decoding the directions took the most time.

My steeda shifter was a lot easier. The funny thing is i put the shifter on the first time with the logo in a logical position. Steeda played a trick on me and requires the logo to be upside down when you read it. doh! luckily i re-read the directions. :rolling:

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
I found that if you whack the rubber stuff with an end of a screw driver it fits on there nicely. I only have it around the top surface. the 90 degree angles were the worst

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Cobra_Poison
car sounds much better too.

If you like the sound from the FIPK alone, you'll flip when you hear the noise you make from a pulley swap. Now that's music to the ears! Your next "must have" mod.

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Originally posted by mjtpolice76
part number is 63-1051

I believe that was the old aircharger part number, before they got their CARB cert. and gave it the FIPK designation. Now the 63-1051 part number is not available. 57-2545 is the proper FIPK number available for the 2003/2004 Cobras.

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
Hey Cobra10th Anniv,

Oh i am most definately doing that mod. I thought i might ride out 2 years on my warranty first. this way in 2 years i should have all my suspension stuff done first. Then with the pulley swap it will be like a whole new car all over again.

Friendchicken

Originally posted by HotRodHarry
You guys have to stop talking about even simple mods for your cars.....its killing me not to mod at all !!! Man...this setup does look and seems to make the power.

Maybe Ray can make you an overlay that shows 15psi when you are really hitting 8... That way you can have 15psi and not mod the car haha

Users who are viewing this thread