Just installed JLT CAI today and my thoughts.(somewhat long)

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Well initially I had a hard time deciding between the RAI and the CAI , mainly because of the install of the cai and putting everything in the fendor, but I knew if I got the RAI I would be concerned with the higher IAT temps so I went ahead and got the custom painted Red flames on black CAI (torch red car). I was going to be cheap and get the solid black to save some bucks buy my wife said "You have to get the flames" which I am glad I did as the
paint looks great. Since I was going to be pulling the intake figured now would be a good time to change the stock plugs put in some NGK tr7ix. Went ahead and pulled the wheel out and just pulled back about half the plastic inner fender. I was going to try to not remove the wheel and but figured I would waste more time trying to work around it.
Install was going pretty good untill I went to install the MAF adapter, turns out either the bolts that were sent were too small or the holes in the MAF adapter plate were too big not sure. So I was kinda frustrated about that I went to the local hardware store could not find a bolt that would fit metric or standard, so I stuck with the 1/4 bolts and went with slightly longer ones and put some nuts on the back after not finding anything else. This cost me about 23 cents ;-) and about 45 min This turned to work alright although it did make it slightly harder to get the filter flush , but still got it on there good. It was a little difficult to get everything lined up right but wasn't too bad I spent a lot of time trying to make sure I had it as good as possible. After I was done took it for a spin, and definatly noticed more power even at part throttle, the blower wine sounds much better and like that.
Overall took me about 3 1/2 hours which probably seems really long, but that did include changing plugs and my 45 min with the trip to the store. Looks sweet and runs good though. :rockon: Probably take some pics on my digital camera later.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Pics!!Pics!!Pics!!!

And congrats.....I'm about to order one also......hmmmm, patiently waiting on your pics. I was going to get solid redfire, but may get black with redfire flames if I like yours enough. :coolman:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
i just installed a JLT CAI carbon fiber today for a friend. Quality parts, not so good fitment.

Tucker

Looks good in there. Good job.
Wierd thing with the bolts for the MAF. They are supposd to be just long enough to thread, but not stick out the end of the hole.
Sorry about that,

Jay

BTW, as with all our kits your trying to fit a HUGE pipe in your car without any cutting on the car. It's a tight fit, but makes the power :)

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Just to clarify on the bolts they were the correct length, but just too small diameter. Not sure what the correct diameter would be though since I couldn’t get anything to fit it. But I improvised and got it to work anyways. That’s all that matters. I know you got a lot of different kits, probably the wrong bolt package got thrown in mine.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that looks good. Almost makes me wanna sell my FIPK for that :) Hmmmm

nathanralph

Established Member
Hmm....I didn't have any problem with the bolts on mine. Probably a fluke.

Yes, installation can be a pain, but for an hour or so of work...the power and looks are SO worth it!

BTW, the flames look amazing.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
i just put on my jlt high boost cai it took me about an hour to put it in with the tire still on and pull out the old jlP rai i had with ram air ducts to the holes in the bumper next to the fog lights....w0w does the jlt high boost make a difference i cant wait to go to the track :pepper:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread