Just installed JLP's ram air

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Well I just got done with the install of my new ram air kit, and I'm glad that the install part is done and the enjoyment can begin! Only problems came when 2 of the nuts on the air box broke and basically the instruction manual pictures are a problem of their own. But all is done now and the kit is on, after a brisk test drive I can tell you straight up that this kit is worth every penny and every minute that it takes to install it. :rockon:
I had a drop in k&n and modified stock box and my boost guage never really rose above 8-9 psi. With Johnny's ram air the needle jumps to 10 and then into the black The guage may not be accurate but hey...an improvement is an improvement right? The supercharger screams to high he!! now and the pickup is much improved. I'm heading to the track this weekend to test out any real improvements, I'll report back with my results :rockon:
THANKS JLP AND CREW:bowdown:

ralphy1798

Established Member
I ordered one on tuesday and should get it next week. I see one of your problems with the install... you used the $4.99 set of Napa Auto Parts tools instead of Craftsman, hehe, caughtcha...

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Originally posted by ralphy1798
I ordered one on tuesday and should get it next week. I see one of your problems with the install... you used the $4.99 set of Napa Auto Parts tools instead of Craftsman, hehe, caughtcha...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll have you know that I use kragen automotives finest :D

ShaneN.

Established Member
congrats man!

does that little part that takes in the air down by the front fascia suck up water and such? it rains a lot in vancouver... i was just wondering if you are gona get muck and crud up there.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
There is no actual suction going on at all, except the air being sucked in by the filter. It would take you driving around 60mph i guess through foot deep water to force that water into the box. And even then the filter would haev to suck it up and since the filter is not connected directly to the air hose, I would say not :rockon:

ShaneN.

Established Member
so basically water is no problem unless you are submerging that piece.

cool, looks like a good setup.

Users who are viewing this thread