Just installed Ford C springs on the Cobra

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
Since I have a solid axle I installed the Ford C springs on my car.. OMG. I did this because I was tired of scraping everything I go up (driveways) I am on my second brushguard and i might buy a 3rd one when I get the fronts put on.. I did the rears thus far and tomorrow I am going to do the fronts... I also have nitto nt555 315/35/17 on stock rims and my previous spring set up cut into the tire at the treads edge so the ford springs will definately help with that initial delima that started last month.

this is the measurements I took from the rear before/after. I measured from the ground to the center of the wheel well lip

..........................................................................drive rear.............pass rear.............................................
79-93 MAC's cut additional 1.5 coils.........................26 7/16................26 5/8

ford c springs........................................................27 3/4..................28 1/16

gain in height.......................................................1.31.....................1.43

left/right height difference.................5/16 higher on passenger side with ford c springs

now these measurements are taken after i lowered it and only pushed on the rear suspension a few times... i have not drove it yet (blower off car) and it also may differ when i do the fronts. Plus the car has been sitting for about a month and my tire pressure might be low... so I will post an update on this once I finish tomorrow and/or get on the road. If anyone wants a set of lowering springs for a solid axle that consist of mac rears and 03 Cobra eibach pro fronts.. 50 bucks will get you these shipped! I have been running them for about 40k miles since the solid axle and the fronts have been on there for about 75k miles. Car handles great and I also have not been running a swar bar. :eek: Car still handled great.

Last edited:

srt4tocobra

Established Member
get some pics up. i am looking into getting these same springs here shortly, but I want to see them on a solid axle cobra. I am worried about my mufflers dragging if I go lower. I have eibachs pro launch kit right now but I am not for sure if that lowers the car at all.

Jroc

Established Member
Aren't the front FR C springs rated at 600 lbs?

Thats the same as the factory coupe springs. You could just cut the stock ones.

whyte_03

Established Member
get some pics up. i am looking into getting these same springs here shortly, but I want to see them on a solid axle cobra. I am worried about my mufflers dragging if I go lower. I have eibachs pro launch kit right now but I am not for sure if that lowers the car at all.

gimme a week or so to get some pics on here... i just had kidney stone removal surgery today :whine: .. it felt like hell to take the first 3 pisses, especially when it was 50% blood. i do feel decent even though the surgery was at noon today... they put a stint in me between my kidney and bladder so the tube will not close up greating drama...on Monday I am to get it yanked...its attached to a string that hangs out of my dong hole. BUT yes... as soon as I get the fronts installed I will get some pics posted.. so please bear with my recovery and I will post pics. I will also post pics of the springs that came off the back.. lol

and yes the front springs are like 650rate. I will be sending my blower to Steg on Monday and when I get it back I will be able to drive it and once it completely settles I will get more pics... Peace!! :beer:

srt4tocobra

Established Member
so would you say the fronts would be lower or higher than the eibach pro launch springs. I think that the eibach springs are either the same height as stock or a tad higher, basically to get as much weight transfered to the rear of the car on launch as possible. problem is that the nitto drs that i have don't like the sudden weight transfer and they just spin like mad.

whyte_03

Established Member
so would you say the fronts would be lower or higher than the eibach pro launch springs. I think that the eibach springs are either the same height as stock or a tad higher, basically to get as much weight transfered to the rear of the car on launch as possible. problem is that the nitto drs that i have don't like the sudden weight transfer and they just spin like mad.

i have not installed the fronts yet..but i bet miullions that it will sit higher with the ford c's installed... just bear with me guys.. i might do this on saturday.. KILL

Users who are viewing this thread