Just got walked on by an Evo?

Solo500

Established Member
I've raced these guys before and have beat them. This one had intake/exhaust/interior panels and backseats removed. He pulled lengths on me with no problem from a 40 & 60 roll. Does this sound right?

My A/F is @12 WOT (I know... I know:nonono:). My TPS voltage was at .8 at idle, and my idle is at 1k. I just don't know if my car is running sluggish or if his car is really that fast. Any opinions or comments?

01bluesnake

Established Member
lol, these cars are not slow but neither are any other cars with money put into to them, dont feel bad i own a turbo civic that will stomp my cobra, civic ran 12.2 on 7lbs. dont underestimate any cars on the road.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I don't know a whole lot about them or what your mods are.. but I put a length and a half on a (I think) slightly modded Evo 8 from 55-125 is my slowbra. My mods are in sig.

Sny714

Established Member
Evo's move and no two are the same. Just like no two cobras are the same and the same for any other car. Just like one 01 Cobra can have exhaust,cai and tune and have 10rwhp more than another 01 cobra that has the same mods. Put it this way I raced one from a roll in my old 89 bolt on Notch a couple years back that was only running high 13's and I only lost by a car to 100mph. Yet with my 01 I raced one with some mods and that ran a 12.9 like I did and I had a slightly better launch too.

With bolt ons, tune and still on the stock turbo Evo's and Sti's can be low to mid 300whp easily and close to 400tq. Did the guy modify the car since you raced him and beat him before?

Nazman

Established Member
They can be very quick!

There is one local EVO that will trap 140+MPH all day long...pass after pass! Pretty much doing 10+ passes per night!!! No meth or Nitrous.

Stroker, ported heads, cams and big turbo!

Hey, but you figure....here in Texas you need at least a 130+MPH daily driver to be able to keep at least keep up with the cars here! lol!

Naz

Last edited:

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
You cant sleep on the imports, some come stock boosted so it is eaiser to get more power with simple mods. A downpipe alone on some cars will net 30 whp. That an intake, and a tune and my friend is pushing over 330 whp in a stock mazda speed 3. Its all about HP to weight ratio. Be carful out there you never know. Just my .02

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
be very very careful racing evos from a stop.. if that driver knows what hes doing, you WILL lose the holeshot, and you better have the power to pull around him.. a friend of mine had the works on an evo, 430~horse, 2 step, shepherd racing trans/transfer case.. lets just say the launches were exciting.. anything that leaves 4 black marks is a force to be reckoned with. and its not just launching, they catch up, fast.

SlowSVT

Established Member
i own a turbo civic that will stomp my cobra, civic ran 12.2 on 7lbs. dont underestimate any cars on the road.

And how! Its foolish making assumption. There have been a few unsuspecting Terminators owners who got a good does of reality by a Civic. Having a vette leave you in the learch would not be surprising. Having a Civic do it is a different story and you get a front row seat seeing a David owning a Goliath :rockon: The fact that it's front wheel drive just makes it even more impressive.

I would think twice before taking an Evo or an STi on from a dig. A modded GTR would be a terrifying sight :uh oh:

Solo500

Established Member
I fixed my idle and the a/f is at 13 now. I'm going to re-race him whenever the rain stops. I'm just suprised... I have always walked on lightly modded Evo 8's. This car was an Evo 9. It's just crazy he'd pull that much with the mods he has. We have more power stock vs stock.

(EDIT) I just found out from my friend that he has a boost controller as well. :nonono:

Last edited:

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
this is our local 700rwhp 40 psi evo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsmk6jzPxWk&fmt=22]YouTube - mellondan[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread