Just got my aed tune!!!

KILRSVT

Established Member
So I bought my 2014 mustang 5.0 6 speed manual with brembo package . It has been a work in progress since I bought it. I decided to ditch the cats and install an off road x pipe on my 1200 mile coyote . knowing I'll need a tune I decided to go with aed. Only engine mod I have is an off road jba x pipe and gt500 mufflers I kept the stock cai . I must say I am very pleased with the tune from Shaun . The car idles better and the midrange torque is a lot more present than before also it seems to be continuous up to 7500 rpm!!! . Car sounds amazing as well .Cant wait to try out the race gas tune I am hoping to be able to go either thunderhill or sears point in the next month or so.I might even set and appointment to the local dyno shop to see what kind of numbers its laying down .

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
It's not a race gas tune, the race tune just disables your traction control and holds the rpms up for a little longer in between shifts. Race gas will have no affect in your et or trap speeds with your set up. Don't waste your money just stick to 93

Shaun@AED

It's not a race gas tune, the race tune just disables your traction control and holds the rpms up for a little longer in between shifts. Race gas will have no affect in your et or trap speeds with your set up. Don't waste your money just stick to 93

My road course tunes are a bit different than the drag tunes and we always recommend running 5+ octane more at the road course due to the abuse / heat from 20+ min sessions.

clean92lx

Established Member
My road course tunes are a bit different than the drag tunes and we always recommend running 5+ octane more at the road course due to the abuse / heat from 20+ min sessions.

Oh ok, well I never heard of your road course tune before, OP said race gas tune which only thing I could think of is your drag tune...

macbar13

Established Member
Same here! Just installed a Stainless Works offroad x-pipe and airaid intake. A couple datalogs later and BAM.... AED FTW! 1st gear with crappy summitomo tires is spin city. 2nd pulls hard, spinning the whole time. Next up is wider and/or stickier rubber.

I know what kind of numbers mine is laying down and it's 110-120-130-140 mph! in no time. :burnout:

Justin81

Established Member
I want to get this so bad but i'm so afraid to say good bye to the warranty on a 300 mile car. I think my goal should be 1000 miles just so I know that any bugs are sure to be worked out.

bmoney50

Established Member
I want to get this so bad but i'm so afraid to say good bye to the warranty on a 300 mile car. I think my goal should be 1000 miles just so I know that any bugs are sure to be worked out.

I am in the same situation except I have 24k on my car but I have 13 months left on the btb. I am sure if anything was going to happen it would have by now.

Justin81

Established Member
Dude, with 24k I would be converting it to E-85, Big Stuff, 88mm and T-400 with a transbrake. And if it's still breathing I'd back hand it with a 250 shot right down it's throat!

Funny5.0

Established Member
I must say I am very pleased with the tune from Shaun . The car idles better and the midrange torque is a lot more present than before also it seems to be continuous up to 7500 rpm!!!

I too noticed more mid range power and torque with the AED tune but don't quite see how you are seeing power all the way to 7500 on the stock intake manifold...

clean92lx

Established Member
Curious, what is the actual process of a mail order tune?

Tuner emails a base tune to you, you load it up to your car and data log. Send your data log back to the tuner and if all is good he makes final revisions and sends back a final tune. Done

KILRSVT

Established Member
^^^^ it took 2 days but I'm only 150 miles away from aed . To respond to one of the post above the car pulls up to 7500 rpm I have a 3 inch x pipe and stock manifold. I feel it pull all the way up there i havent had a chance to really let it unwind yet , just a couple of pulls in second . I figure the tune is set I don't think there's any need for data logging

stang8psi

Established Member
Only reason the rpm's were asked is because the stock manifold is known to stop producing power 6800 rpm's and power actually starts to fall off at that point op

Funny5.0

Established Member
^^^^ it took 2 days but I'm only 150 miles away from aed . To respond to one of the post above the car pulls up to 7500 rpm I have a 3 inch x pipe and stock manifold. I feel it pull all the way up there i havent had a chance to really let it unwind yet , just a couple of pulls in second . I figure the tune is set I don't think there's any need for data logging

I have the exact same mods as you (AED performance/off road X)and my pull ends around 6800and definitely flat by 7k rpms which is typical for the stock manifold.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I see I am pretty satisfied so far once I get use to power I'll just go the boss manifold route and bigger injectors and e85

Users who are viewing this thread