Just got back from the dyno and now make 492 HP/514 TQ with 2.8 upper only

digital911

Established Member
Just got back from the dyno and I am really surprised what I found out.
Prior to me going to the dyno today, my car was a virgin, that is it has never been tuned nor had any pulley work done. Motor wise, it only had a K&N intake, and new plugs. I bought the car last May and I am the 2nd owner.

When I got it to the shop, they told me I had a Magnaflow X pipe and magnaflow mufflers, so that was nice to know.
Then they put it on the dyno and tuned it. The car made 492 HP w/ 514 TQ.
It has been raining here last two days, so I wasn't able to fully appreciate the power. But on the way home, on the interstate, a suped up 370z got on side me and wanted to race. We were doing 75 mph. I dropped in 4th and punched it, the back end came out and I almost lost it! I didn't think that was going to happen. It scared the sh*t out of me. I will never do that again in those conditions. Thank goodness t/c was on. Definitely a lot of power to do that in 4th gear going 75 mph, it wasn't raining but the roads were damp. I hope that it will be dry tomorrow so I can enjoy the new 80-90 HP my car has.
MikeCobraDyno02-04-11-lowres.jpg

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i'd say this for sure based on your graph- ur shit is gonna be toast in a matter of days/weeks after looking at that afr

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Have you ever heard of IRFANVIEW? Edit the fricken picture size down and get ready for the bashing on the 492...And least the tuner fattened up the fuel tables on the blue run, the first one was ugly!!

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got back from the dyno and I am really surprised what I found out.
Prior to me going to the dyno today, my car was a virgin, that is it has never been tuned nor had any pulley work done. Motor wise, it only had a K&N intake, and new plugs. I bought the car last May and I am the 2nd owner.

When I got it to the shop, they told me I had a Magnaflow X pipe and magnaflow mufflers, so that was nice to know.Then they put it on the dyno and tuned it. The car made 492 HP w/ 514 TQ.

By your story it sounds like your car might have been moded (posibly ported) and then returned to stock to draw in an unsuspecting buyer for a sale...

Either way enjoy the car and dont do anything stupid like floor it in the rain again so you can crash that baby..

froggerlives07

Established Member
Yea it was either modded before or that's a happy dyno..I made 451rwhp with just a 2.81 pulley magnaflow exhaust and o/r mid pipe

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
What are the SAE numbers? And like others have said, you need to get that A/F ratio adjusted.

Soon.

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
i can't read the numbers on the Dyno sheet. can u enlarge? haha j/k:coolman:
Some motors are just animals from the factory but that does seem pretty high for only a 2.8. Could be possibly a ported eaton. A/F Ratio on the graph is right around what it should be 11.5- 12 on the red pull. what was the duty cycle on the pumps? ,Mass air? Had to be close to maxing them.

Last edited:

digital911

Established Member
By your story it sounds like your car might have been moded (posibly ported) and then returned to stock to draw in an unsuspecting buyer for a sale...

Either way enjoy the car and dont do anything stupid like floor it in the rain again so you can crash that baby..

No I will never do that again, 500+ pounds of torque takes some getting use to....

The car definiately is not ported unless I am totally missing something, the only thing the car had that I wasnt aware of was the magnaflow xpipe and mufflers. Now I need to spend money on upgraded IRS and tires!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No I will never do that again, 500+ pounds of torque takes some getting use to....

The car definiately is not ported unless I am totally missing something, the only thing the car had that I wasnt aware of was the magnaflow xpipe and mufflers. Now I need to spend money on upgraded IRS and tires!

How do you know for sure that its NOT ported? Did you take the blower off? Also 14.6psi of boost is quite a bit for only a 2.8 upper. Avg is normally 12-13.5psi. Also wondering if it's SAE or not?

Last edited:

wudy

Established Member
If its a ported unit, it might have a serial # stamped on the bottom of the case.

digital911

Established Member
How do you know for sure that its NOT ported? Did you take the blower off? Also 14.6psi of boost is quite a bit for only a 2.8 upper. Avg is normally 12-13.5psi. Also wondering if it's SAE or not?

NO this dyno HP/TQ is to the tires!

No I didn't take the blower off to see if it was ported. There are no signs of scratches, nor signs of bolts being removed anywhere on the motor. It was mint when I got it. The car only had 16k miles when I got it. I would think it would have been pulleyed and tuned if it was ported.

Also, my blower is not nearly as loud as the video clips I have seen of a ported blower.

I don't know if this matters, but I received a paper in my car that said:

"Welcome to the Ford family and thank you for purchasing this Ford SVT Mustang Cobra. As part of our commitment to you, we randomly select vehicles to be driven and evaluated to ensure you are receiving the highest quality Mustang possible. We are pleased to tell you that your vehicle was selected for this process.
Your Mustang was received by our management team and determined to be defect-free before leaving Dearborn Assembly Plant. Miles accumulated during this evaluation can be found on the label attached to the drivers side window.
We trust that our tremendous dedication to the automotive enthusiast's total ownership experience will provide you with many miles of exhilarating, safe, and comfortable driving in your new Mustang."

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
NO this dyno HP/TQ is to the tires!

No I didn't take the blower off to see if it was ported. There are no signs of scratches, nor signs of bolts being removed anywhere on the motor. It was mint when I got it. The car only had 16k miles when I got it. I would think it would have been pulleyed and tuned if it was ported.

Also, my blower is not nearly as loud as the video clips I have seen of a ported blower.

I don't know if this matters, but I received a paper in my car that said:

"Welcome to the Ford family and thank you for purchasing this Ford SVT Mustang Cobra. As part of our commitment to you, we randomly select vehicles to be driven and evaluated to ensure you are receiving the highest quality Mustang possible. We are pleased to tell you that your vehicle was selected for this process.
Your Mustang was received by our management team and determined to be defect-free before leaving Dearborn Assembly Plant. Miles accumulated during this evaluation can be found on the label attached to the drivers side window.
We trust that our tremendous dedication to the automotive enthusiast's total ownership experience will provide you with many miles of exhilarating, safe, and comfortable driving in your new Mustang."

Umm I realize it's to the tires, that isn't answering if the tuner gave you SAE numbers or STD numbers? STD numbers generally are 4-5% higher than the SAE corrected numbers. Either way have fun with it.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
No way thats just a pulley. Has to be ported. Or someone played with the roller weight to make it look like more.

Users who are viewing this thread