just got a new cobra!!!!!!!!!

2000fta

Well I finally did it. I traded in my 2000 Trans Am and got into an 03 Fire Red cobral. The cobra had 5400 miles on it (still has a full warrantuy) but was offered at a fairly deep discount. All I can say is OMG, this thing pulls so much harder than the LS1 ever did.

Two questions:
1) i want to remove the mufflers entirely --> is it safe to assume this will void the warranty?

2) does anyone remember the magazine article that did back to back intake dyno tests? if so, which one produced the most power on the stock car?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
The mag was 5.0 and it was the May 2003 issue, COBA COLD-AIR SHOOTOUT . I will have to look at the article when I get home to see who won.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on your new ride! Enjoy!

When you're reading that CAI article you'll notice the Densecharger made the most power on a stock Cobra. But also bear in mind that that was a Gen 1 unit which leans out the A/F due to the positioning of the meter. You won't get the same results with a Gen 2 unit. You might do better to do a couple of searches on this forum and hear what users have to say about the various CAIs. Just a suggestion.
:)

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Heres the data from that shootout

Coldair.jpg

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
No dyno numbers yet for me, but I do get a full 10psi now with the Steeda CAI...no joke. I know these cars are supposed to be 8psi, but I got on it pretty good today, and it went all the way to 10psi, pegged. I don't know what the HP or TQ difference is for 2psi increase. It may not even have an increase in HP, just breathing better, but it sure felt stronger than the last time I got on it like that. Keep in mind I've only had this car since June 25th and am not the most experienced '03 Cobra owner, but there is a definite increase in power over stock. The exhaust helped, but since I added the CAI also, the combo is a big improvement. I highly recommend it. My car likes it!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by BlackCoupe
Hmmmm, I'd be curious to see the Steeda results. Anybody know what that might be?
On a modified engine as used in the article I'd say about the same as the Amazon Racing piece.

Users who are viewing this thread