Just found this bird.... Anyone know what it is?

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Found this guy laying out in a parking lot. Thinking maybe it's a hawk? Seems young, it can't fly just flops around and hisses. Doesn't seem injured from what I can tell however.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401204051.309981.jpg

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Teach it to be a blood thirsty slave that roams the night doing your evil deeds. That's what I'd do anyways...

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
My thoughts exactly when I first found it until I noticed its beak wouldn't be very appropriate for ripping flesh.

Perfect! It's more traumatic that way. It's like saying you'd cut someone with a dull knife, creating a jagged painful cut. This is exactly a trait I'm demanding from my night avenging hawk!

ssssnake

Established Member
They call them Bull Bats down here. My husband brought one home from work one time. He had sticky stuff all in his wings, and we tried to save him. Kept him for a few days, but he didn't make it. Good luck. I hope you're more successful!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
See if you have an animal shelter nearby and call them. Maybe they have some place where you can take it. It probably won't survive in your care.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Return the bird to somewhere safe like a field. It is a fledgling, a normal stage where they have left the nest but can not yet fly. Anywhere from a few days to a week or so it should be able to.

DeuceRooster

Established Member
Return the bird to somewhere safe like a field. It is a fledgling, a normal stage where they have left the nest but can not yet fly. Anywhere from a few days to a week or so it should be able to.

We waited until dark and took it to a friend's barn and let it out. Figured that would be the best bet since there wasn't a shelter nearby.

Hopefully it survives. Thanks to those whom help identify it.

Users who are viewing this thread