just finished solid axle install and MM stuff

lachj1

Established Member
I can't wait to take it out! I have a little more welding on the subframes and check to make sure all the bolts are tight.
I installed MM torque arm, panhard bar and adjustable ride height lower control arms and HR torque arm springs.. The panhard bar and torque arm was a mother to install but MM did it right. The only issue I have is that a TA diff cover won't work with the torque arm because the diff is perfectly square with the driveshaft so it rotates the diff upward and it hits the spare tire housing at a 1.5 inch lowered height. I'm switching back to the stock cover.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by lachj1
I can't wait to take it out! I have a little more welding on the subframes and check to make sure all the bolts are tight.
I installed MM torque arm, panhard bar and adjustable ride height lower control arms and HR torque arm springs.. The panhard bar and torque arm was a mother to install but MM did it right. The only issue I have is that a TA diff cover won't work with the torque arm because the diff is perfectly square with the driveshaft so it rotates the diff upward and it hits the spare tire housing at a 1.5 inch lowered height. I'm switching back to the stock cover.

I plan on doing this very install myself. Does the torque arm come with it's own diff cover? I bought a mac cover, I wonder if I'm going to have any problems with it.

Did you have any problems with the torque arm hitting your x/h pipe?

How long did it take you to do the install?

What shocks are you using?

Can you hook me up with some pics?

lachj1

Established Member
I installed the subframes and welded most of it yesterday and installed the solid axle , shocks and lower control arms yesterday.
I started this morning with the torque arm and panhard bar at 9:00. All this was done by myself so if you have somebody to help it's a definite plus. I finished just about all of it at 5:00.
I'm using Tokico 5 way shocks.
The instructions supplied had pics of an aftermarket diff cover, maybe my cover is just bigger, who knows? but regardless it's tight.
The torque arm comes with shims to adjust the cross member from front to back so you can adjust the clearance. I have magnaflow catted x and it fit perfect with and extra 1/2 inch of shims supplied. I think it's only the Bassani mid pipes that have problems.
Pm your email and I can send you some pics,
What's up with this website?? Why can't we post pics anymore!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You post pics by hosting them on another website and linking them here.

Did you do it on a lift or on jackstands?

PM sent with my email.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
How do you like the setup? I just ordered the HD torque arm package with adjustable LCAs and hypercoil springs.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I just finished up my SRA swap this weekend as well. Havent really driven on it much due to the rain past few days. But its nice out today :) Mine is pretty much stock with 3.73s, for now. i got the SRA from a 2000 GT. Dont mind the rust. That will all be getting sandblasted and painted soon.

1IRSswap03-med.JPG

1IRSswap11-med.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread