Just did my taxes....

VegasMichael

Established Member
I'm not sure that's accurate.
It varies on the individual and how they did their deductions but it is possible to be taxed on a state refund.

For a federal refund to be taxable I believe the only time that happens is if the IRS pays you interest atop your refund in which case you pay taxes on the interest only.

P.S. The IRS tax code is the biggest shit show on Earth.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It varies on the individual and how they did their deductions but it is possible to be taxed on a state refund.

For a federal refund to be taxable I believe the only time that happens is if the IRS pays you interest atop your refund in which case you pay taxes on the interest only.

P.S. The IRS tax code is the biggest shit show on Earth.

Correct, on all counts haha

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A0663DC4-896E-448E-9BCA-867A60A3A74E.jpeg

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I've always wondered where my tax break is for "choosing" not to have children.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
That would be nice. And deserved. But if that sort of responsible behavior was encouraged, then we wouldn't meet their future needs of more tax payers and bullet sponges. And that just wouldn't fit the agenda.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Finished my taxes. Getting a refund of $1700 from the state, but owe the feds $4000. Guess I need to adjust the withholdings - I added extra last year on the fed withholding and thought it was enough. My wife though didn't have enough withheld from her SS and pension.

Users who are viewing this thread