just built 300ci stroker which boost??

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
where did i say i was disappointed with my blower? i love my procharger, way to make assumptions.

and what exactly do you see wrong with those posts? lol, that time of the month?

Its just that you are comming off as a negative Nicky in this thead with what seems like no sense of humor. SpittingCobra was being sarcastic with his last post that you said was stupid. Gotta pick up on the sarcasm, you've missed it atleast twice now.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
im a procharger to turbo guy, and i say go turbo. the adjustablity alone is worth it.
then add all the alinement,tensioner and belt issues that come with the procharger, GO turbo hands down.
your 300 cu inch, would love a set of 61s or a single 76 or 88mm.
I run twins and they are pretty friendly on the street.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
im a procharger to turbo guy, and i say go turbo. the adjustablity alone is worth it.
then add all the alinement,tensioner and belt issues that come with the procharger, GO turbo hands down.
your 300 cu inch, would love a set of 61s or a single 76 or 88mm.
I run twins and they are pretty friendly on the street.

I have a procharger and I wish I could afford to switch over to a turbo or turbos. While I like my procharger, and haven't had the worst issues with alignment, tensioners, and other belt problems, they are still a pain in the ass. Whenever I floor it, I always wonder in the back of my head if "this is gonna be the time it's gonna shred another belt". And I know it's probably slipping, even if the belt doesn't shred, "this time".

Often, the bracket will flex and the belt will skip over, essentially shaving an entire rib off the belt. 5-rib system anyone?

Homer

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I have a procharger and I wish I could afford to switch over to a turbo or turbos. While I like my procharger, and haven't had the worst issues with alignment, tensioners, and other belt problems, they are still a pain in the ass. Whenever I floor it, I always wonder in the back of my head if "this is gonna be the time it's gonna shred another belt". And I know it's probably slipping, even if the belt doesn't shred, "this time".

Often, the bracket will flex and the belt will skip over, essentially shaving an entire rib off the belt. 5-rib system anyone?

Homer

well alinement and tensioner issues all lead to belt issues.
i can tell you how many belts i went through, and at 40+ bucks a pop it got old really quick. not to mentions the PITA to replace them(although i got pretty good at it)
when i upped the boost, thats when i ran into the tensioners breaking, and it would take the belt with it. so my 40 dollar belt changes became 100+ dollar changes, so thats when i ditched it and went turbos. wish i would have went turbo in the first place.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
well alinement and tensioner issues all lead to belt issues.
i can tell you how many belts i went through, and at 40+ bucks a pop it got old really quick. not to mentions the PITA to replace them(although i got pretty good at it)
when i upped the boost, thats when i ran into the tensioners breaking, and it would take the belt with it. so my 40 dollar belt changes became 100+ dollar changes, so thats when i ditched it and went turbos. wish i would have went turbo in the first place.

What kind of boost controller are you using? Do you adjust the boost for different situations? How does it all work?

CPRsm

Turbo hands down. Like stated, the adjust ability is worth it. If the track is slick you can lower the boost, and many time not lower your rpm. So the converter is still where you want it. Slick down track ? Bring boost in a little later/slower. Boost by gear also. If it's a street car, no 4.11s or steep gears, no belt issues, boost in in fully before centri blowers, just a little later to start. Which you can solve pretty easily. Usually pas that point with a converter anyways.

Dave_6

Established Member
Yes but HOB bracket is the only stand alone that uses an 8-rib. Procharger already makes a nice cog bracket that sets the blower inlet right in the mouth of the front bumper.

Like this: (this is an F-2 on an 03 cobra)

normal_P7100359%202.JPG

normal_P7100367%202.JPG

You don't really want the cog unless you're running an auto..

It is very cool though.

Holy crap! :eek::bowdown:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
What kind of boost controller are you using? Do you adjust the boost for different situations? How does it all work?

i have a deeds performance electronic boost controller. i have one tune for the car and i adjust the street boost from 13-17 at any given time. then turn up the boost and add race gas for the track.
no swapping pulleys or adjusting timing....its awesome

the boost controller i have also has delay boost or launch settings, but i havent used them.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
really your question should be Turbo, or Big roots.

if your going to have delayed boost, mine as well be delayed for the turbo.

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
Looks like I'm late to this thread. Our 4VR drive system is a system we helped design while we were all still employed at ProCharger. If you call up ProCharger asking about the 96-98 Cobra Cogged Race Kit they'll give you our number, lol. Its a great drive system when you're ready to stop playing belt games and start making big power consistently. You can run either an 8-rib belt on it or a cog pulley set up. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call or pm me. Thanks

SpittingCobra

Established Member
i have a deeds performance electronic boost controller. i have one tune for the car and i adjust the street boost from 13-17 at any given time. then turn up the boost and add race gas for the track.
no swapping pulleys or adjusting timing....its awesome

the boost controller i have also has delay boost or launch settings, but i havent used them.

Finally some legitimate advice!!

A local guy is running the F1a on a 97 Cobra 281ci with a wastegate, electronic boost controller, boost by gear, he is running a cog though.

He doesn't have to change pulleys. He has no belt problems.

He runs it the exact same way as the turbos.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Turbos.

I had a cogged F1-A, while it was fun and made lots of power i hated running race gas all the time or pump gas but staying out of boost, went turbo and will not look back, it makes 600rw at only 13psi on pump gas and feels faster than my F1 at 700rwhp on race gas, the way the torque kicks is way more fun, with the turbo i can hook now, with the F1 1st 2nd were useless...

Last edited:

SSeatr

Established Member
ive wanted turbo always, but i drove my neighbors 67 camaro with a F2-R and was taken back by it, but that is just a totally different beast 1700rwhp thing is a rush just to idle around in

i think i am going to go with twin 60's ballbearing, and just be done with it.

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
ive wanted turbo always, but i drove my neighbors 67 camaro with a F2-R and was taken back by it, but that is just a totally different beast 1700rwhp thing is a rush just to idle around in

i think i am going to go with twin 60's ballbearing, and just be done with it.

you will be a happy man with some 60's:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread