just built 300ci stroker which boost??

SSeatr

Established Member
okay finishing touches are just being finished on my engine build and its time to pick which boost to go with

Twin BB 65's or procharged F1??!?!?

Car is used on the street, as well as going to the track here and there.

I really am tossed up here :(

Id like to here peoples votes and a short reason why they picked their choice

thanks
-tom

SSeatr

Established Member
both setups would be pretty sufficient. what turbo kit are you thinking of running?

i am not 100% i like something about each major companys kit.

i like turbonetics turbos, i like HP's intercooler and how the BOV mount, i like the way THPs turbos sit and looks clean.

lol i know its hard, unless i go with turbonetics, with THP piping, and a HP intercooler?!

i think the twins will make more HP then the procharger, and be more efficiant. but WAY more expensive, but not really a concern now its more what will work and work well.

also the turbo route is just nice because its user friendly as far as adjusting boost.

i think i want to go turbos :coolman:

94venomV8

Established Member
I am going turbo and would say to do the same due to the high end horsepower and also they can keep up in the torque department where as the centris fall off

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I'd go with the turbo setup if money is not a deciding factor. With the turbo setup, you can get a good boost controller and adjust your boost on the fly.

Plus, the added torque of the 300 stroker will really love the additional boost at lower RPM's with the turbo kit.. lots of torque

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If money were not an option I would go turbo or have a Procharger F2M. I have only ever heard of one street driven Cobra with an F2M before. I can imagine that it sounds like the gates of hell!

SpittingCobra

Established Member
F1R, House of Boost bracket (8-rib stand-alone belt), Procharger sheetmetal intercooler, waste-gate used as bypass w/boost controller, run boost-by-gear w/ small pulley. Sounds cooler than turbo too, and less heat.

Last edited:

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
F1R, House of Boost bracket (8-rib stand-alone belt), Procharger sheetmetal intercooler, waste-gate used as bypass w/boost controller, run boost-by-gear w/ small pulley. Sounds cooler than turbo too, and less heat.
a lot of win in that post.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I can imagine. I think that even with a 324 it would still be overkill and take too much hp to turn it. There was a guy near me running one on a cog with an auto and it still snapped the crank.

Snapped the crank? Thats nuts. The car that the HOB braket was designed on ran an F2M and upwards of 30 psi. It was making somewhere north of 800rwhp while still being 281ci. Procharger says that the recommended n/a horse power when using the F2M is 300-500hp. So I think that a propperly set up 5.4L would benefit greatly from an F2M build. But you are right that it would be overkill in most street applications. Hell the F1R and F1C are overkill in most street applications.

bigger isn't always better. just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

But sometimes you should just because you can and would be one of if not the only one with that set up. :banana:

SSeatr

Established Member

so this bracket moves the blower out for direct belt? so its just pulley from crank to blower? not touching the stock belt?

hmm can it be ran cog?

SSeatr

Established Member
Snapped the crank? Thats nuts. The car that the HOB braket was designed on ran an F2M and upwards of 30 psi. It was making somewhere north of 800rwhp while still being 281ci. Procharger says that the recommended n/a horse power when using the F2M is 300-500hp. So I think that a propperly set up 5.4L would benefit greatly from an F2M build. But you are right that it would be overkill in most street applications. Hell the F1R and F1C are overkill in most street applications.

But sometimes you should just because you can and would be one of if not the only one with that set up. :banana:

i guess i can see it snapping the crank, especially since its direct drive, thats a lot of rotating mass hanging far off there pulling on the crank..

cobra cranks DO crack, i had a stroker crank i had fluxed and it was starting to crack, it came out of a 9 second 300ci sprayed cobra engine

Users who are viewing this thread