Just bought myself a pocket bike!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Hard to ride or what. Am sure it feels like your flying when your on it! I heard they have open race classes for those things

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Hard to ride or what. Am sure it feels like your flying when your on it! I heard they have open race classes for those things

sort of hard in the beginning because engine needs to be broken in still....and when there isnt much speed its hard to balance....but its not that heavy and when you are in trouble...just stand up! :) I have heard that too......i still need to find more info about it.....as soon as i get upgraded parts ill be goin to those races and have fun! :)

Boost231

Established Member
just bought 2 pocket bikes

just ordered 2 of the tonight in Iraq. I hope there good quality. i purched them from rabbitscooters.com. has anyone had problems with these bikes?

brent:rockon:

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
Originally posted by h2opoloplyr_11
whistler and ryu.....does your throttle have a big "play" on it??? mine does....i have to wrap my hand all the way around and turn it all the way around just have it going....did you guys change the play of the throttle??? i know you can do that on automatic dirtbikes....but i dont see any screw on the throttle to adjust the play :??:

oh yah....how much is that turbo goin to set you back??? i want this thing to have a good kick!

lol I thought that it was just mine......yeah...it does have that "play"
doesnt seem like theres anything you can do bout it....
mines out of commision right now...was doiing a top speed run and the engine came apart lol :shrug:

Ive been looking into another engine but noone has anything that will fit.....o well...
she goes in the shop tommorow :rockon:
now only if my car was this cheap to hook up

o and a dumb question........could we get pulled over for riding this thing on the side of the road?
I heard as long as its under 50cc.....its considered a bicycle...
last thing I need to see is a Pig carrying away my pride and joy under his arm

or I could outrun them with the turbo :coolman: :burnout:

Boost231

Established Member
lol

last thing I need to see is a Pig carrying away my pride and joy under his arm :bash:

or I could outrun them with the turbo :bowdown:

brent:rockon:

kwkshift

Established Member
That is not a pocket bike. It's a mid-bike. Also, those don not go 50 mph. They top out @ about 24 mph. Those speedo's originally were marked in kph, now they just changed the marking to mph. Nor are they 49cc, they have a 49cc sticker on them but they are 40cc.

The true pocket bikes, like a Blata B1 Oragami, ($3,600), will top out at about 55-60mph , stock.

That's a high-end race-only type bike. A regular Blata, Polini, ATM, etc. start @ about $1,300. The Chinese knock-offs of the Blata 2.5, referred to as either a Cag, (short for Cagllari), or a Daytona run about $300 or so. The Cags top out @ about 30 mph stock and more and more performance parts are becoming available. These too, are mis-marked on the displacement. They say they are 47cc's, but they are 39cc.

Go here for more detailed and accurate info:

www.pocketbikeplanet.com

Also, forced induction doesn't work on a 2 stroke. There are no valves like we normally think of, just a reed valve that is just a type of check valve. The piston also acts as the "valves" in the engine with the intake and exhaust ports. This is why turbos don't work well on them.

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
hey guys, ive looked on e-bay, are the 39-40 inch long bikes that look like motorcycles, are they too small for a 6 foot guy?

what should i use as the search word for alittle bit bigger bike like this 51 inch long bike ?

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
Originally posted by MattSVTCobra
hey guys, ive looked on e-bay, are the 39-40 inch long bikes that look like motorcycles, are they too small for a 6 foot guy?

what should i use as the search word for alittle bit bigger bike like this 51 inch long bike ?

those are the real pocket bikes....mine is the "super pocket" which is about twice as big as the pocket bike....

here are the dimensions for my bike* 50" x 25" x 14" (*those dimensions are taken from an auction on ebay with the same bike as mine)

me and my uncle are almost 6 foot tall.....and hes bigger cus hes about 210 lbs.....but its no problem......its not too small.....but the 39-40 are REALLY small!!!!

i use pocket bike as my search and you will see the boreem 49cc and thats mine! you are just going to have to search through those pages.....cus if you use boreem as the search....you dont get a lot of results.....but once you see it ....all the pics that you see you will know if they are 51 or smaller

log-grand2.gif

That is the pocket bike....now imagine about double the size of that bike...thats the super pocket...which i have! :)

Last edited:

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
hey man, do u think the 38 incher will be too small for a 6 foot guy? i just wanna cruze with it, not really race, just play around... would the 38 be too small?

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
its really gonna have to be personal preference....you might feel comfortable with it....maybe not....but im guessin in that picture that the guy is probably about 6 foot also....as you can see hes able to ride it.....

for me....i think its too small....

h2opoloplyr_11

Established Member
saw taht movie!!! its freakin awesome!!! :rockon: love how they overtake them cars!!!

i got an extra xr50 engine sittin in my garage....going to see if i can fit that baby in.....

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
sweet......been looking all around for a website like that.....

bout the turbo......said they gonna try and fabricate it...
seems like you know your stuff man.....cool...

MustangSally

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread