Just bought my 2003 Cobra!

jakecoleman99

81456488-F1C1-4D0E-B41D-676BB9876859.jpeg
1A8749EC-8A77-408C-919C-389AEB21509D.jpeg
2E398BE9-4C48-4EE9-81D0-6932211C54F1.jpeg
Just got her home. She’s a 2003 Satin Silver vert with 162,000 miles (totally stock except for air filter) I can’t believe how fast things are from the factory!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP, and Congrats! It does look very clean for a Cobra with higher mileage. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Are you going to keep it stock for now, or are you going to go for basic mods (like catback, intake, upper pulley, tune, lowering springs, shifter)?

jakecoleman99

Thanks! The top looks brand new and the previous owner had all the original paper work. I’m going try to save the headlights, but I’m not confident I’ll be able to. The only mod for now will be an exhaust.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Congrats on the score!

As for the headlights, wet sand in straight up/down & left/right motion (removed from car). Use 600/1000/1500/2000/2500/3000 grit in that order. Keep it wet! Finish with a foam pad on a DA polisher using plastic polish.

hotcobra03

Established Member
It’s a fun car stock.

I would suggest new head lamps

Bigger rear tires

And a different clutch quadrant will help

Glad to see another high mileage car

I’m double plus some these do hold up well

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish new cars cost that much still, jesus

GLW the car OP. you're going to enjoy it

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
IMHO first mods should be:

1) Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors. Recommended for all Terminators but required for convertibles. The moment you get behind the wheel you will feel the difference and it will remove 90% of the squeaks and rattles.

2) & 3) Cold Air Intake and Cat back exhaust, probably the best bang for the buck for adding power and required for all future engine mods.

4) Brace for the rear differential cover. A weak point even for us 'low power" Terminators.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wondering how long it will be before you move beyond the exhaust mod you plan to do. It is SO hard to resist doing the other basic mods I, and others, have mentioned. ;)

jakecoleman99

I wondering how long it will be before you move beyond the exhaust mod you plan to do. It is SO hard to resist doing the other basic mods I, and others, have mentioned. ;)
Quick question. I’ve seen a couple people suggest getting new headlights. Before I put the effort into sanding the old ones, do the cobra’s have distinct headlights or are they the same as all the other 2003 mustangs?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jake, you can replace them, of course, but refinishing your existing ones can yield a like-new appearance. And you did it yourself! It's really not that difficult. After reviewing Goose's post above, check out the tons of how-to videos on YouTube.

jakecoleman99

IMHO first mods should be:

1) Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors. Recommended for all Terminators but required for convertibles. The moment you get behind the wheel you will feel the difference and it will remove 90% of the squeaks and rattles.

2) & 3) Cold Air Intake and Cat back exhaust, probably the best bang for the buck for adding power and required for all future engine mods.

4) Brace for the rear differential cover. A weak point even for us 'low power" Terminators.
Do you have a brand preference for the sub frame connectors?

Users who are viewing this thread