just bought cobra motor, or two almost.

NA97GT

Established Member
yesterday i was bidding on two different ebay auctions for cobra motors, one was a 2001 cobra motor complete with all accessories $2800. The other was from a 2003 cobra complete from a arms on up $3400. The 03 has a head tick. I won the auction for the 2001 engine, today the guy who was running the auction for the 03 emailed me that his buyer backed out and asked if i wanted it still.

What should I do? and where do you get the replacement heads from and what do they cost?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
email the guy with the 01 motor, explaining the situation...and offer to pay to have the auction re listed again to show sincerity

and thats if you really want the 03 motor..I wouldn't let the fact that you won another auction stop you from getting the motor you really want, especially since its not a cheap item to purchase

just my .02

NA97GT

Established Member
That seems like a good idea, im just confused at to which engine I should get. Im gonna swap it into my 97 gt, i heard the 03 cobra motor is much more difficult because of all the extra parts required to get it working in the car.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
That seems like a good idea, im just confused at to which engine I should get. Im gonna swap it into my 97 gt, i heard the 03 cobra motor is much more difficult because of all the extra parts required to get it working in the car.
If it is a-arms up then it will be as easy as putting in the 01

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
email the guy with the 01 motor, explaining the situation...and offer to pay to have the auction re listed again to show sincerity

and thats if you really want the 03 motor..I wouldn't let the fact that you won another auction stop you from getting the motor you really want, especially since its not a cheap item to purchase

just my .02

you don't have to pay to re list auctions anymore. Tell the seller of the 01 cobra auction to file for a mutual withdrawal and if you agree ebay will refund him the listing fees.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Every time I see that the highest bidder has backed down and the lister offers the item to the second highest bidder I smell a shill bidding scheme where the winner and seller are working together to get to your max bid, pass it, then the offer (coincidentally for your highest bid) is made.

FWIW...

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Every time I see that the highest bidder has backed down and the lister offers the item to the second highest bidder I smell a shill bidding scheme where the winner and seller are working together to get to your max bid, pass it, then the offer (coincidentally for your highest bid) is made.

FWIW...
that would work if you were right. The whole deal with the Second chance offer is it offers the SECOND bidder the item at their set bid price, not the winners price.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
E-mail the guy with the 01 motor tell him the deal. I hate the way e-bay is now how only buyers can leave feedback. ( I think this is the way it works ) I would watch out on the 03 motor because i have seen people get friends to bid on the item to get the price up there then do like they did to you. I would offer him whatever your last bid was that he could see ( Or lower ) then go from there. Buy the motor you want. You will have more money in the 03 motor once you fix the head problem but then again you are getting a lot more. Just my .02

NA97GT

Established Member
Im gonna stick with the 01 motor that I already won, the terminator motor has head tick so it will cost me another 1200 for a new head alone. I do already have a vortech supercharger currently.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
That 03 you were bidding on , he is a member on this site and he is parting a 03 cobra and that engine had 69xxx miles on it with a headtick. His name is Invictus

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
that would work if you were right. The whole deal with the Second chance offer is it offers the SECOND bidder the item at their set bid price, not the winners price.

Again, FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread