Just bought Android phone, need help

Planter

Banned
pyckl3 radar. hi-def weather radar. nationwide.

Another vote for SwiftKey here. Had Swype and didn't care for it.

Some useful apps I have on my Note 2: AccuWeather, Astro File Manager, ES File Explorer, Fancy Widgets, FoxFi (allows tethering w/o rooting), KeepScreen (blocks screen timeout for predefined apps), MapMyRun (useful if you're a runner), Nova Launcher, Fancy Widgets, Square Register (nice if you want to take credit card payments on your phone & free), SQLite Editor, SuperSU (if rooted), theChive, Wallbase, Zedge, Zooper Widget Free.

+65000 for FoxFi. turns your phone into a wireless hotspot and you can tether your phones internet connection to your laptop or desktop.

be careful though, some wireless providers have it in your contract that you cant do this and you could have your service cancelled for violating the service agreement.

Last edited:

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Xda-developers.com for all your rooting needs. Plus download allcast. Wirelessly stream to all your dlna devices.

mr2cam

Established Member
pyckl3 radar. hi-def weather radar. nationwide.

+65000 for FoxFi. turns your phone into a wireless hotspot and you can tether your phones internet connection to your laptop or desktop.

be careful though, some wireless providers have it in your contract that you cant do this and you could have your service cancelled for violating the service agreement.

Hmm, I have sprint, and they want to charge me to make my phone into a hotspot.. :cuss:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Hmm, I have sprint, and they want to charge me to make my phone into a hotspot.. :cuss:

Yep was about to post this, on newer Androids Foxfi does not work on sprint. I have sprint and used it on my Samsung Epic, I have the S3 now and it does not work.

Planter

Banned

yeah, it's a bunch of crap. if you have internet, and you're paying your monthly bill and you want to tether to your laptop or desktop you should have that right. :nonono:

verizon says you're not supposed to do it either, but I do it anyways, and I haven't seen any abnormal charges on my account.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
It's amazing how much better this thing is compared to my iPhone, god I should have switched earlier..

Definitely better that iPhone. Welcome to the android circle of life. Try slacker radio awesome internet radio app. Simpsons tapped out is pretty addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread