Just bought an 03 cobra

imsuperman

Established Member
I just bought an 03 cobra (sonic blue) and it already came with an Bassani o/r x-pipe and flowmaster catback. It also came with a densecharger. I just ordered the pro 5.0 shifter. What should I do next? I was thinking about changing the stock thermostat and putting in a 180. Should I change the plugs as well? I don't know too much about these supercharger motors. I know I can change the pulley but not sure which one to get. Thanks for the help.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
First, congrats on the new car. Next, I'd get either a 2.93 or 2.80 pulley and chip. If you have an experienced tuner over there, I'd recommend getting the car dyno tuned. More reliable than a mail order tune in my opinion. You also might wanna invest in some drag radials for daily driving, otherwise you won't be delivering all your power to the ground.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
You dont need to change the Thermostat, it is my understanding that they are already 180.

Rick

imsuperman

Established Member
I didn't know it came with 180. That's cool. So I should leave the thermostat in there? Should I use redline water wetter? I was thinking about getting the 2.80 pulley with the predator and getting a custom tune from someone like RWTD. I live in South Florida, is there any good dyno tuners around here? Thanks again.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
JadeAT,

Congrats on the Sonic Blue! Great color. Two things: Change your avatar to reflect your new Terminator identity......(just kiddin....), and start reading this forum regularly. The information you need about plugs, pulleys, chips, etc are discussed regularly and really help with decision making.

imsuperman

Established Member
I just drove home from Orlando today with it. Got it from Black's Automative Group. Nice people. They sell only 03, 04 Cobra's and Saleen's. The headliner did drop in the back but the car drives perfect. I still have 6000 miles on the warranty, should I wait until that has expired before putting a pulley on?

rb185afm

Established Member
I would get the MGW shift handle for the Pro 5.0 shifter. I have the 5.0 shifter and just put on the MGW handle. It was the best $30 I have ever spent on my car.

imsuperman

Established Member
I also ordered that as well. I heard that it was awesome. The shifter and handle should arive in a few days. Are they easy to put on?

imsuperman

Established Member
It sucks that the search feature is not working. I could find a lot more information that I need. I don't have a owners manual for my car and I saw a green light come on in the dash that may have looked like a supercharger. Why does that light come on?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by JadeAT
It sucks that the search feature is not working. I could find a lot more information that I need. I don't have a owners manual for my car and I saw a green light come on in the dash that may have looked like a supercharger. Why does that light come on?

Traction control light. Comes on when the traction control is activated.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread