Just bought a set of Mickey Thompson Drag Radials!

Wildpony

Established Member
I finally decided to replace the 6 yr old Dunlops and bought a set a 17" M/T's to tide me over until I get new 18" wheels next season. They grab real good but are kinda squirelly feeling when following uneven/grooved pavement. The sidewall must be softer as I don't recall my old Nitto D/R's doing the same thing.

Does anyone else notice this with these tires?

Last edited:

JP96cobra

Established Member
Its normal for it to feel loose or squirely in the rear. Mine does also. I just mounted some new 315/35/17 MT drag radials in the back. Just to let you know these tires dont last very long on the street but man do they hook great. They are almost as good as the ET streets.

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
I've been able to run 30lbs in the new 315 MT's I bought and they hook fine on the street...havent really got any decent track practice with them yet though.

But yea the softness is completely normal

Wildpony

Established Member
PACIFICGREENSVT said:
+1 & and anything is better than the dunflops.

I'll have to give them a try at the track later this summer/fall & see if I can't get in the 11's with them....;-)

Last edited:

Venom351R

Established Member
once I get new rims for the cobra Im putting a set of M/T's on my 17X10.5's I have on there now and using them for the track.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
LaserRedSnake said:
I've been able to run 30lbs in the new 315 MT's I bought and they hook fine on the street...havent really got any decent track practice with them yet though.

But yea the softness is completely normal

be sure not to overinflate them. you'll wear out the center section quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread