Just bought a Grand Prix..opinions please

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
My sister had a four cylinder Grand Am and the car actually impressed me with the way it drove (well, except for the massive engine shuddering when sitting still in drive; putting it in neutral fixed this).

Probably a vacuum leak. When I was messin with my PCV valve and the little boot started to split, it idled like crap in drive and was fine in neutral. Fixed that little vacuum leak for like $1.97 and it idles perfectly and shifts better than ever.

Emin

Banned
I lalled at first too. My friend got an SVTC and was all talkin it up until I shut him down with my stock g-ride.

I used to have a 1995 Contour SE 5 speed and would easily take out Grand am GT's and could even take out Grand Prix GT's.. Ur friends SVTC must be broke or he cant drive worth a crap :bored:

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
I used to have a 3.8 Grand prix for a DD, wasnt bad. Decent power and 30 miles a gallon on highway, pretty comfy. It was no Cobra or Lightning by far, but ok for a DD.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i still love my '90 grand prix that i gave my grandfather last summer. 150k miles and still runs like a champ.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Probably a vacuum leak. When I was messin with my PCV valve and the little boot started to split, it idled like crap in drive and was fine in neutral. Fixed that little vacuum leak for like $1.97 and it idles perfectly and shifts better than ever.
Cool, makes sense... I'd let her know, but she's got a 2000 Volvo S70 turbo now. Much nicer car, makes me want the T5 5-speed... :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread