just bought a 96 cobra last week

TwiztedSVT

Established Member
I bought a 96 cobra and need to get stiffer springs because every time I hit a bump my fender digs into my tire, and is there any suggestions or recommendations I should do?

TwiztedSVT

Established Member
I honestly have no idea what all has been done to it yet, right now Im just getting the brakes to work and need to change the IAT so I can pass it on inspection and get it put in my way before I actually open it all up

chao5.0

Established Member
those look like Steeda spyder wheels and they are meant for a S197 car not a sn95, at least Steeda doesn't have them listed for these cars.

I see you are in Houston what area did you buy your 96? I just bought a 96 Mystic last weekend and I have a few minor issues I'm working out, first and foremost is the A/C just went out so that became number 2 behind a new steering shaft.

TwiztedSVT

Established Member
yeah I'm not gonna lie I've been more into imports so a lot of this is new to me, I bought it over in NE Houston I live in Pasadena, I hope it's just the blower and not the compressor, it could get expensive

chao5.0

Established Member
no it has a leak somewhere, it was working fine then I noticed the compressor cycling on and off more frequent which is a sign of a leak. I'm not worried about the cost, I'm more worried about getting stuck in traffic with no A/C. I got rid a '13 GT and picked this up, going over things with a body shop to have the whole car repainted back to 100% factory with no blemishes.

TwiztedSVT

Established Member
that's what's up, I've got a lot to do with her, I know I wanna swap the to like an 02 cobra heads then probably supercharge or pro charge it not sure which yet though

Users who are viewing this thread